Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

Any Female Hunters Here?

A good women will wrap for you.

Mine shoots, guts, bones, skins,packs, hangs, grinds burger, cuts steaks, wraps, and freezes. Husband need not be in vicinity. She even took care of a deer for me once so I could go on a guys hunting trip that weekend. I'm a lucky guy.

Rob that's for sure a line crosser in my house. Throwing a elk hindquarter on the kitchen table is about as much rope as I get in my house.

My wife loved "dead lab" in med school and she loves breaking down an animal. Dad and I brought home a pig and he was shocked to see how clean she can pull out a backstrap. She's happy to let me drop a carcass on the kitchen counter...I just need to keep the knives sharp.

backstrap_zps1c283997.jpg

SanJose2010008_zps08788fb8.jpg

When I was dating mine she helped me butcher, wrap etc. We got married and wham, I'm alone in the shop. She made the sale!
lol, while my wife hunts and even helps wrap, when we got married she forgot how to tie flies.

My wife started hunting about 6 years ago when we first met. She always liked the outdoors, but had never hunted. She taged along with me on an antalope hunt and decided she wanted to try it. I got her a rifle that fit her and the rest was history! I am still working on the cutting and wrapping part!

When I was dating mine she helped me butcher, wrap etc. We got married and wham, I'm alone in the shop. She made the sale!
Ha! I know the feeling. However, I just wish the 'bait and switch' only applied to getting critters ready for the freezer. I better sign off, if my wife reads this she'll have a "headache" for 6 weeks... :eek:

Ha! I know the feeling. However, I just wish the 'bait and switch' only applied to getting critters ready for the freezer. I better sign off, if my wife reads this she'll have a "headache" for 6 weeks... :eek:

6 weeks? you haven't been married very long, have you?:D

wife won't hunt, but goes on the hunts with e. videos and takes pictures. helps with the butchering. wraps and labels as I cut.

Thanks, everyone, for sharing all of great pictures and stories! I love seeing women who hunt and young girls interested in getting into the sport! I'm part of a new TV series and website, Queens of Camo, that focuses on the unique aspects of women who hunt. Having hunted for almost 30 years, I was hunting when women hunting wasn't a popular thing at all (in fact, I thought I was one of the very few until recently). I am happy now to see that more women are getting involved. I am so excited to be able to share my experiences and be a positive role model for women who are already involved or who are interested in hunting.

Our youngest daughter is my hunting buddy. Got her Hunter's Safety Card at 10 and started shooting in 3D archery shoots with me. Won her division every time, even beating my score once or twice. Made her first kill in the back yard on a squirrel, and after popping a doe through the heart with her .50 cal. for her first deer, she finally got her first buck a few years ago. Yes, that's her .22 she got for Christmas.

Attachments

• Haley's buck.jpg
    Haley's buck.jpg
    167.8 KB · Views: 1,731
  • DSCF0072.JPG
    DSCF0072.JPG
    160.3 KB · Views: 1,725
Nice buck!!!! I love seeing all of these girls getting into hunting!!!!

BTW, Dave N, I love your "tag line" (Guns don't kill people. Dads with pretty daughters do.") That's awesome!!!

Hey Thia! I share an account with my husband on this forum, but have hunted since it was legal (when I turned 12). Haven't brought a lot down, but have at least gone out every year since. Welcome to OYOA!
-Anne

Hey Thia! I share an account with my husband on this forum, but have hunted since it was legal (when I turned 12). Haven't brought a lot down, but have at least gone out every year since. Welcome to OYOA!
-Anne

Didn't you get an elk in Wyoming last year? Being modest, are we?

My wife has been hunting with me since we got married 9 years ago, she doesn't do the hunting forums much unlike I live on these forums it seems, but here are a few pictures of her hunts and her success, not too many but I think she has 2 antelope, 3 deer, and 1 elk under her belt, her biggest "trophy" she got a 175" Mule Deer, and her "biggest" animal was by far the lead cow she shot this past season, enjoy the pics,
Matt

her huge cow elk....
IMG_0447.jpg

good packer....:D
IMG_0454-1_zps477355e1.jpg

IMG_0058.jpg

her first big game animal and it was with a Bow.....:D
100_0111.jpg

100_0571.jpg

her 175" muley
100_1739.jpg

Duck Slayer,

Congratulations to your wife! Looks like she has done pretty well for herself out there!!! Hopefully she'll pop on here from time to time and maybe she will check out some of the Queens of Camo blogs too ;)

Thanks for sharing the great pictures!!

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back