Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Any experiences with Airbnb?

jabber

We are going to Nashville next weekend and I booked my first stay with an Airbnb. Anybody have any experiences with Airbnb, from either end of the operation?

I've stayed at an Airbnb twice out of necessity. No bad experiences with either of them. I'm just weirded out by staying in a stranger's home.

I have had 3 experiences with airbnb. 2 of the three had issues or the description was misleading that led to a unhappy vacation. We have had much better success with vrbo. Why this was the case I don’t know but we have used vrbo 12-15 times.

I use AirBnB several times every year. I've used it for remote cabins in Montana, to urban pads in big cities. Personally, I've never had a bad experience. It goes a long way to really look at the photos and read reviews of the place you're staying.

I’ve used Air and VR by owner, mostly with no issue. They are both only as good a the owner’s integrity.

The Air mugshot vetting weirded me out.

My wife and I stayed at an AirBnB for our anniversary this year and it was great. I looked around a lot to make sure the place was what we wanted and where we wanted. Our church usually gets one for our men's fishing trip and we always have a good experience with it.

Like others said, just look closely at the reviews and the pictures.

My wife and I have used it a few times. Never had any bad experiences but, for me, it is a little weird staying in someones home

Used AirBandB and VRBO all over the US/Europe/South America and never had any big issues, and had some great stays.

Anyone rented out their house on either one?

Any thoughts or suggestions?

I’ve used Air and VR by owner, mostly with no issue. They are both only as good a the owner’s integrity.

The Air mugshot vetting weirded me out.
We have also done both, and I have friends in the UK who rent out their other properties/rooms without issue.
Airbnb is brilliant.
VRBO has been good in the main, but when we went to Colorado a few years back we had 2 stays at opposite ends of the scale, first week fantastic, 2nd week, what a dump, both had good websites, but one was maintained, the other was being run down, yet both charging the same rates, thankfully these days Tripadvisor and the like would have stopped us booking the other place.

Cheers

Richard

I've had a mix. I've done several and most have been good to excellent.

One in Miami was a Trainwreck and when I filed a cli with Airbnb, they stonewalled for 4 months. I needed up contesting the charge with my CC company and getting the full amount back. Which sucks for them since I was only asking for half back.

There are some that cater to hunters too. So check the details.

20 or more stays the past few years with AirBnB and VRBO. All were dedicated rentals, lots of reviews and not necessarily the least expensive rental in the area. No disasters. Some warts but all in all no worse than my luck with hotels and motels. I like having a kitchen when with family so early risers are not held back by the hungover, er, late risers.

I’ve used AirBnB in probably 20 states, Estonia, Belize, Mexico and Martinique. We do our homework checking reviews and arrive with a good attitude. Once I got stuck on an island with no ac. It sucked but it was right there in the description. A couple others were not as great as described but still better than a hotel, which, also are not all great.

Back