Another Unit 1 Az bull

CWeeks

Took this bull on the eighth day of the best elk hunt I've ever been a part of. Got drawn on two different herd bulls but couldn't get a shot. In the end I couldn't chance coming home with an empty cooler and decided to fill my tag with this pretty satellite bull. My oldest son is 14 and has 3 Az points already, told him I would make him go on at least one OTC unit before I took him here so he would appreciate what he had. Hope I can stay healthy enough to see him take a bull in about 10 years or so. Also in pic is my best hunting partner, Thanks Mike.

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    200.6 KB · Views: 560
Man, that is a great bull. Gotta love how dark their antlers get when they are in that burned timber. Congrats to you on a great hunt and a great bull.

I completely agree with taking your son an OTC hunt before some glory hunt like that. Surely would give some perspective of just how good it is.

Great bull. Hopefully they're still bugling up there and active in 1 1/2 weeks. I got a leftover archery cow tag for one of the Limited Opportunity sub-units in 1 - they were in there before the general archery hunt began. Hopefully they didn't get chased out already.

Thanks guys, it really is elk heaven and if anyone draws in the future I would be glad to share any knowledge I gained on the unit.

Congrats! Though you should be able to make it for your sons 2nd trip to AZ, you don't look that old :)

Wow..I need to get myself a satellite bull....very impressive! I can't imagine what the herd bulls looked like.

Back