Another Montana antelope

mdunc8

After a frustrating weekend of hunting the mountains and coming home to all y'all's (yup...all y'all) pictures of antelope, I had to chase after them myself. Found this guy bedded with about 15 others. Quickly realized my brain has turned to mush after not getting any sleep the last two weeks. Left the game bags, bone saw, camera, and a few other things in the truck, which was almost two miles away. Stuck taking pictures with my cell phone, which stinks since he's my best buck yet. Oh well, I guess I'll just have to throw him on the wall since I don't have any good pictures :D

Attachments

• buck1.jpg
    buck1.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 797
  • buck2.jpg
    buck2.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 793
Last edited:
Nice buck!
Pretty cape too, should make a good mount.

Nice speed goat, where are the pics of the rock goat???;)

I couldn't even find a mountain goat to take a picture of much less shoot at. I guess that's what happens when you take one scouting trip in July and wait a month and a half into the season to go hunting in one of the most easily accessible areas of the unit. Hopefully the little guy will start cooperating so I can make another trip over there. You guys have any luck?

I couldn't even find a mountain goat to take a picture of much less shoot at. I guess that's what happens when you take one scouting trip in July and wait a month and a half into the season to go hunting in one of the most easily accessible areas of the unit. Hopefully the little guy will start cooperating so I can make another trip over there. You guys have any luck?

You will find one, we found lots but suprisingly, they are a few miles off from where we saw them this summer. Just adjust your plan by a couple miles and you should be in em..... come to think of it, we saw a few billies in your unit;)

Damn, Dunc, that is a good goat. Looks like he came from somewhere near the valley. Makes him even better if so. Congrats.

You will find one, we found lots but suprisingly, they are a few miles off from where we saw them this summer. Just adjust your plan by a couple miles and you should be in em..... come to think of it, we saw a few billies in your unit;)

Unfortunately we had to turn back a mile or two from your unit. Not sure if anything was over there, but it looked like a great country. I've got a Plan B in place. Hopefully I'll get a chance to give it another try. Ran into the Supertag holder while we were out there. He got a nice billy after a week of hunting.

Finished up our tax return the same day my taxidermist called about this guy. Apparently the wife is more accepting of dead critters in her house after she finds out that she's getting a fat check deposited into her checking account.

Attachments

• 418558_3222149989139_1128131260_33372409_1131477668_n.jpg
    418558_3222149989139_1128131260_33372409_1131477668_n.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 340
Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ak2021
Back