Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Another good bull down.....

Elkwhisper

Another great weekend in the elk woods in the books! Friday night and Saturday morning were action packed, and if it weren't for some bull fever / poor shooting on my part I would be posting a pic of me withh the worlds biggest and oldest 5x5.... but apparently I suck.

Between Friday night and Saturday morning I had lots of opportunties and passed on a number of smaller bulls. Was also able to get a pretty good bead on where the bulk of the elk were coming and going. Popped up a ground blind on the most likely water source at mid-day on Saturday and told my partner that if he sat there, he should be done by 6:30pm..... Wishful thinking I am sure, but he fell for it and sweated it out in there for a couple of hours.

At 6:30 he texted saying he hadn't even heard a bugle yet and was skeptical it was going to pan out. at 6:52 he was texting saying he was all done and to come pick him up. I was covered up in elk myself and didn't get back to him till well after dark, but he was all smiles when I got there.

Attachments

• 20230916_204049.jpg
    20230916_204049.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 395
  • 1000008877.jpg
    1000008877.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 392
  • 1000008892.jpg
    1000008892.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 395
Another great weekend in the elk woods in the books! Friday night and Saturday morning were action packed, and if it weren't for some bull fever / poor shooting on my part I would be posting a pic of me withh the worlds biggest and oldest 5x5.... but apparently I suck.

Between Friday night and Saturday morning I had lots of opportunties and passed on a number of smaller bulls. Was also able to get a pretty good bead on where the bulk of the elk were coming and going. Popped up a ground blind on the most likely water source at mid-day on Saturday and told my partner that if he sat there, he should be done by 6:30pm..... Wishful thinking I am sure, but he fell for it and sweated it out in there for a couple of hours.

At 6:30 he texted saying he hadn't even heard a bugle yet and was skeptical it was going to pan out. at 6:52 he was texting saying he was all done and to come pick him up. I was covered up in elk myself and didn't get back to him till well after dark, but he was all smiles when I got there.

I would want to be "all done" like that too.

Heck yeah great bull, now let’s see yours. Good luck.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back