Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Another 1st Goat Thread

Zach

1st post for my 1st large game animal. One of my buddies turned me on to the forums here.

1030923134_LxVbf-L.jpg

1030984253_Phg29-L.jpg

I'm very happy about my 1st, and can't wait to bring the mount home. Can't wait till the next the next one.

Very cool, Zach. Congrats on a great buck, especially your first pronghorn.

Zach, WTG! Please tell us about yourself and how you were converted to a Big Game hunter, we might can use some of what turned you into a BG hunter on others on the fringe. John

Thanks for the welcome everyone!

DRAFTSTUD, I've actually been on a total of 6 big game hunts with my own tag. This year being the first to fill my own. I've been on 3 others where buddies filled various tags.

This year seems to be my year though. I had a muzzle loader elk hunt in Sept. I was putting the sneak on a small herd, either sex tag, and got in close, but got busted out by some sheep herders dog! Boy was that exciting though.

I've been saving points for this antelope hunt for a couple of years knowing it would at least be close to home and there was almost a 100% chance of there being game on the properties I have access to.

I've been a bird hunter since about 98 when a buddy turned me on to that. Didn't grow up hunting, not much of that in SoCal. Since moving out of SoCal though, the opportunity has increased exponentially. I'm liking it more and more.

I still have 2 tags to fill, a buck and cow elk tag. I'd love to top off the freezer and fill some more voids in my empty wall. We'll see, if anything it's fun.

Back