Caribou Gear Tarp

Annual elk rifle thread

While I've used my 300RUM the most for elk, this rifle has also been used by me on elk. Also, my sons have used it on 4 bulls, including my oldest son on this bull this year. Defiance Deviant action, Proof barrel in 7 SAUM, TriggerTech Diamond trigger, Manners EH1A stock, Razor AMG scope, Thunder Beast Ultra 7 suppressor & 175 gr. Nosler ABLR bullets.
IMG-1905.jpg

Tikka 7mm
168 bergers 2915 out the barrel.
.6 to .7 moa all the way out.
Huskamaw scope
3 elk, 5 mule deer.

bot a Tikka T3 in 300 wm
going to put a suppressor on it.
looking for suggestions. Leaning towards silencerco.
Was told I should cut the barrel down to fit it.
Leaning towards bergers but wanting to try hammer

Still hunting with grandpa's 1903 .30-06, killed my 5th rifle elk with it this year, first year using Fed premium with TSX. Wasn't thinking straight and ordered 180gr instead of 165, then couldn't find any 165s before season started. The 180s did well on a 70 yrd shoulder shot on cow elk, went less than 50 yrds, meant to switch to something else for pronghorn but forgot all about it when the time came and shot a pronghorn doe at about 300 yards with the same bullet, missed the ribs and had no expansion on the bullet, so switching to 165 for elk and 150 for deer and pronghorn next year.

20221011_131126.jpg
RenderedI.jpg

Ken Jr.’s new rig….Dan Coffin action trued Rem 700 to a fluted Lilja 1:10 300RUM, Timney Elite, bedded McMillan Hunter, VX5HD 3x15 Firedot CDS for 181 Hammer Hunter @3280. Kampfeld blackened spiral fluted bolt and Hunter knob w/skeletonized handle.

Fresh from Coffin…
gotta love the fire dot. Just put one on my step sons 6.5prc its sweet

Pretty vanilla setup here. Weatherby Vanguard in 7mm Rem. Mag. with 160 Nosler Partition handloads. A fair number of antelope, whitetails, mulies and elk (with some various other critters thrown in as well) over 33 seasons says that vanilla works just fine. I see no reason to change anything.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back