Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Animals off the list

Didn't think there was an elk hunter on the planet that wouldn't smack a wolf. No more side tracking from me VG. mtmuley

like I said I can't really explain it and I don’t take offense. I know I am in the minority of elk hunters on this one.. now that’s not to say my mind wouldn’t be changed real quick if I walked up on one chewing on the elk I just shot andwalked my a** off to find that very well could change my opinion real fast :LOL:

Didn't think there was an elk hunter on the planet that wouldn't smack a wolf. No more side tracking from me VG. mtmuley
I don’t mind a little constructive wandering. No different than shooting the sh*t at the bar.

As for wolves, I agree with your earlier comment. Have had a pair of Twolves 25 ft from me and my lab a few time hunting grouse up at our cabin. The look in their eyes was chilling. In both cases the .357 was out and if they would have take one step forward shots would have been fired. Both times they walked away when I yelled. Thank goodness for solid obedience training - the lab stayed at heal.

I’d hunt all that’s considered a game animal and most that are a pest.
I’ve got this mental picture of Wllm3113 packing out a giraffe and the neck sticking 20 feet in the air.

And then a 700 word post analyzing the data on the pack out.

I'd shoot a wolf in a heartbeat, and I consider myself pro-wolf. They're a fantastic game species that present some truly unique challenges. Plus, 20 years working on the dang issue means I get to take at least one, once I find it!

Of all the hunted species in the world, I think my list of no-goes would be longer than species I’d be excited to hunt. Most of the African species just hold no interest for me, for some reason. The only international hunts I’d be very interested in are the sheep and goat species in Asia/Eurasia. I’ve got no problem with others hunting anything else though, as long as the species isn’t in peril and it’s legal.

We’ve had gator hunts for around ten years, but I’ve yet to apply for a tag. Not sure where that puts me at with that critter.

Nope on Grizzly/Brown/Polar bears. Totally fine with black bear hunting, but something about those big bruins that makes me put more value on them being out there than in my den.
Hunting for a grizzly on either the Montana or Wyoming side of the Absarokas is a dream for me, but... I’m not sure how I would feel walking up to a griz that I pulled the trigger on.

OCONUS: Not interested in anything. Not to take away from other's passion! I just have a lot of hunts to do stateside first!

CONUS:
I have no desire to shoot
  1. A coyote
  2. A fox
  3. Prairie dogs
  4. A lynx or Bobcat
  5. A wild horse
If I don't want to grill it, I won't kill it!
That's where I stand on the issue as well but I sure as hell would grill a horse. That's some good eaten right there.

You can add me to the list of people with no interest in African animals. I would hunt anything in North America, minus the Bald eagle.

Any primate, zebra, giraffe, any big cat that's not a mountain lion (I would love to just see a tiger someday), elephant, rhino, musk ox for some odd reason, foxes (I dont have chickens so that's probably why), small bull elk or buck (judged by yours truly....we all have standards I suppose), and whatever those really tiny antelope in Africa are called.
I've seen a couple trophy rooms with animals from Africa, some of those animals are neat and all, but just not for me as far as hunting them.

Most of the out of country stuff said above I have no desire to shoot, would I if I had the money/chance heck yea! But no desire to pursue it anytime soon. All animals need to be managed from feral animals too non domesticated animals. Especially wild horses!
Matt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MontanaPete59102
Back