Ammunition advice

ttinman23

Gentlemen, I am looking for the best ammunition for my bushmaster and Stag-15...I don't need it for plinking. I just want to have it before SHTF. Now that the ban for certain .223 and 5.45 are put on hold. What is recommended and where can I get the best price. Thanks in advance.

You want the best, best for what? Target? hunting? defense? Accuracy?

I should have put a note...I say hoarder & paranoia in jest because it doesn't hurt to have a bit of ammo on hand. It is just the hysteria the ATF cause a brief round of price gouging. Heck I'm still shooting the $10/brick 22lr but I'm nearly out so I'm going to have to track down rimfire ammo soon.

ttinman23 that website can be buggy so sometimes refreshing will help also there is one called AmmoSeek (I think that is what it is called).

Last edited:
If you want something for defense consider these things.

Inside your house when over penetration is a concern, consider a 40-50grn varmint round, they will break up in wall materials and will be dramatically less dangerous.

If over penetration is not a concern something like a 77grn Matchking or 75grn TAP would be your best bet.

Green tip is not a good home defense round.

Hey I have a good stock of ammo, and more importantly components. I also don't have any preconceived notion that I could take on any military force. My best defense would be to head for my hunting grounds. Gotta be realistic too. mtmuley

I live near a potential urban war zone. I'm not worried about fighting the military. Hopefully we will be on the same side.

I just watched a US NAVY air training and it is amazing what they can do.

Last edited:
Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rifleman270
Back