American prairie. What's the issue?

I agree whole heartedly. But why do we have appraisals then?
Those are more about the liabilities from money lenders.

Appraisals and land value are not the same thing at all.

Appraisal value is an estimate based on recent sales of similar properties in the area.

To say someone is offering more than the land is worth is just wrong. The land is worth what the highest offerer will pay.

Those are more about the liabilities from money lenders.

Appraisals and land value are not the same thing at all.

Appraisal value is an estimate based on recent sales of similar properties in the area.

To say someone is offering more than the land is worth is just wrong. The land is worth what the highest offerer will pay.
Right. The wolves shoved my shit in earlier on this thread because I said market value (referring to what someone is willing to pay) and not appraised value. Because non profits cannot pay over appraised value.

That’s fine until the farming and ranching industry becomes so consolidated the government has to intervene.
If you want higher cattle prices you want less production. We have too many smallish marginal producers and it drags down pricing for the rest. And APR is not consolidating, it is reducing. That is a win for all that remain.

If you want higher cattle prices you want less production. We have too many smallish marginal producers and it drags down pricing for the rest. And APR is not consolidating, it is reducing. That is a win for all that remain.
Cut out selling to 4 giant feed lots that manipulate markets and control price is the best solution.

They've treated my family right fair and provide a lot of good public access.

Nothing not to like.
Their stated goals are "wildlife conservation and public access."

Seems like a no-brainer for me.

Have some friends stacked with points. Hope they draw. If and when my first call is to APR. Already know where we would want to hunt. mtmuley
Been there, done that.

Why call them I thought you didn't like apr?

Oh, unless there's something in it for you personally, then they're fine?

Been there, done that.

Why call them I thought you didn't like apr?

Oh, unless there's something in it for you personally, then they're fine?
Nope. Did not say I do not "like" APR. Just a fact checking thing. I fully expect to receive a negative response from them if requesting to hunt a bull tag on the areas I would request. mtmuley

Nope. Did not say I do not "like" APR. Just a fact checking thing. I fully expect to receive a negative response from them if requesting to hunt a bull tag on the areas I would request. mtmuley
Hopefully one of my family draw, I'm expecting them to let them hunt again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moko
Back