PEAX Equipment

American Made ELK Call!!

steamfitter

Got my new Bitteroot Custom Call what a beauty sounds really good now only 4 weeks to go and will be trying those sweet sexy calls on it for bow season. Thanks to Tony for the american made call it sure is getting hard to buy american anymore. Sure would be nice to get a list of american made hunting/fishing gear list. Have yall ever thought about all the hunting gear u buy and where its made if so let me know i may need it . Im a firm beleiver in buying american think about just our hunting shit if bought american would do for our economy. I aint no expert but i bet it would help.I wonder how many of these hunting shows pay attention to american made products before they try and push them on us.

My dad refuses to buy anything that is not built in the USA if he can help it, sometimes to the point of going without. I try to also, but not to the extent that he does. It would be nice if we always had that option; quality made AND at an affordable price. Seems like those two don't always go hand in hand though.

I tend to pay more for superior quality no matter where it is made. I think if more people focused on buying quality made, non-disposable items it would make a world of difference.

We live in a global economy and my company is dependent on people in Europe and Asia buying our product. We also produce a best in class product, if the rest of the world became protectionists they'd hurt my American based company.

I try, though if the American made stuff is lower quality than I want or way out of my price range, then I'll pass on it. Lots of companies have both American made and stuff made elsewhere, so you have to really pay attention. USA made stuff I have and would buy buy again - Burris optics, Danner boots, Ruger rifle, Hornady ammo, SmartWool socks (thought the material is imported), I'm sure there is other stuff I'm forgetting....

I tend to pay more for superior quality no matter where it is made. I think if more people focused on buying quality made, non-disposable items it would make a world of difference.

We live in a global economy and my company is dependent on people in Europe and Asia buying our product. We also produce a best in class product, if the rest of the world became protectionists they'd hurt my American based company.

so what ur saying by buying more imported goods it would help the america economy. so america should be a consumer country. why not just make good qaulity products here pay a good wage to the worker and make better product instead of shipping the work to overseas that pay little to nothing shipping it back and selling it so the manufactures profit is tremendous. i dont get it .

That's not what I said at all. There are a couple of points. If we as American consumers sought quality made products as opposed to cheap, nearly disposable crap we'd be better off. However, consumers have spoken and are in a race to the bottom in pricing and the most expensive part of making nearly anything is labor. Until we change this mindset, we will always struggle building products here.

That said, because we live in a global economy and American companies depend on global sales. Would Coke be what it is today without foreign sales? What about Apple? Chevron? etc. etc.

My point is, is that there are many puts and takes. Simply "buying American" while it would help our economy in some ways, it could hurt in others if other countries though the same way and only bought German, Chinese, or Japanese? Specifically with my company 64% of our revenue is foreign, those foreign sales are a huge part of our success. Because of those sales, we have hired several hundred people here in the US in the last couple of years.

Apple has hired thousands since the launch of the iPod, iPhone and iPad, Google? Made about a thousand millionaires here in Silicon Valley. Their success is because they deliver a quality product and consumers have paid more for it.

I will tell you though...we have tried to get our product done here...no one will do it...won't even give us a price...and dealing over seas is a pain...we are looking for options, but as of yet no one in the US has even given us a price!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mowglimadness
Back