Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Alone TV Applicants

Have you applied for History Channels Alone

• Yes

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • No

Votes: 90 97.8%

• Total voters
You could have a clip show best of recap of the entire series, every season, and it would be like 8 min long at most.

Earlier seasons were better IMO. Now they're focusing on boring shit, we get it, they miss their kids or pet iguana...

I wish they would focus on the actual "survival" aspect of it or watch them build shit.

Now its just fake bear scares and boring sensational stuff...

Hell, I live it every day.
I can honestly say I bail on everyone of these shows 5 minutes in. These fools would not last a day in my world.

You know how sometimes your on a long solo hunt and get bored and make a short video of yourself and pretend to be a hunt show host and then either delete it or send it to your wife who tells you that you’re a massive dork… so like that but 45 min episodes… with about 30 seconds of interesting content per season.

You could have a clip show best of recap of the entire series, every season, and it would be like 8 min long at most.

No I didn't know folks do that. Why did you go hunting if you get bored in an hour ? Just saying man.
Maybe what you are watching on TV are more entertaining? I don't particularly do things the way folks on this show do. Although I just remembered about the live moose that I had to cut the throat on. And the grizzly on the back deck. Hey nothing great or new around this area. You'll have that.
I guess I don't know how folks get bored out in the bush. Hanging out in the bush can get pretty good. Gotta put some time in though, doesn't just happen. Practice practice practice. Hey I don't know maybe you're practicing while hunting n sending videos to your wonderful wife. Yeppers never tried that one. I love to hunt n go out for 6 weeks. Glad we have a cabin

No I didn't know folks do that. Why did you go hunting if you get bored in an hour ? Just saying man.
Maybe what you are watching on TV are more entertaining? I don't particularly do things the way folks on this show do. Although I just remembered about the live moose that I had to cut the throat on. And the grizzly on the back deck. Hey nothing great or new around this area. You'll have that.
I guess I don't know how folks get bored out in the bush. Hanging out in the bush can get pretty good. Gotta put some time in though, doesn't just happen. Practice practice practice. Hey I don't know maybe you're practicing while hunting n sending videos to your wonderful wife. Yeppers never tried that one. I love to hunt n go out for 6 weeks. Glad we have a cabin

Tedium and percipience don’t often make for good bed fellows, much as vacuity doesn’t make for a strong appreciation of the farceurs craft.

I hate those survivalist shows. Overdone and lots of hype and suspense building for, as someone else said, a few minutes of interesting action per episode.

BUT. I did watch that season of Alone on Netflix where Clay won. (OK, after the first few episodes I fast-forwarded through most of it until I hit a screenshot that looked like it might be interesting.) Of all the survivalist shows, it seemed the most legit, and it was engaging enough to (mostly) hold my interest, at least to the point that I cared about who won. And it did make me think seriously about whether I could do something like that.

And then it put me into a sort of existential crisis, where I went down the rabbit-hole of, hey, the stuff they're doing on this show is stuff we KNOW our species is capable of, for entire lifetimes (not just 70 or whatever days), or we wouldn't be here....and I know I couldn't do it. We've technologied and processed-fooded ourselves right out of our most basic humanity. How depressing.

Last edited:
Tedium and percipience don’t often make for good bed fellows, much as vacuity doesn’t make for a strong appreciation of the farceurs craft.

True that! Monotony and discernment don’t often make for ideal companionship, just as those with a lack of thought would oft
be unappreciative to those of quick wit or a comedic nature…

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ak2021
Back