Alone TV Applicants

Have you applied for History Channels Alone

• Yes

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • No

Votes: 90 97.8%

• Total voters
For once I totally agree with you , I don’t know how people watch that show.
I've still never seen it. The only reason I know about it from following Clay on IG. I once held asperations of building my own bow to kill something, I've since regressed to being unable to kill something with a bow with more "technology" than my 270 has.

I’ve only seen the one season that’s on Netflix, the season where Clay won, but it was awesome seeing the skills these people have. That lady who made the pit house with an elk jawbone, just astounding.

I’m not going to get cable service, so I hope they put more seasons of it up on Netflix.

I could never hack it on there. I get pissy when I don’t eat for 6 hours, and am more likely to hurt myself than anything else. I do want to try going out to the NF and building a stick cabin/shelter. Place it right and it could double as a pretty nice hunting blind, too.

I've still never seen it.
You know how sometimes your on a long solo hunt and get bored and make a short video of yourself and pretend to be a hunt show host and then either delete it or send it to your wife who tells you that you’re a massive dork… so like that but 45 min episodes… with about 30 seconds of interesting content per season.

You could have a clip show best of recap of the entire series, every season, and it would be like 8 min long at most.

You know how sometimes your on a long solo hunt and get bored and make a short video of yourself and pretend to be a hunt show host and then either delete it or send it to your wife who tells you that you’re a massive dork… so like that but 45 min episodes… with about 30 seconds of interesting content per season.

You could have a clip show best of recap of the entire series, every season, and it would be like 8 min long at most.
I can't say I've ever done that... or even thought of doing that.

Don't you bring a book? And why waste your battery when you could be scrolling through softcore on IG

You like Naked and Afraid? Higher turnover rate so more hijinks to exploit. Kinda like going on a hunt with a brand new hunting partner every time. Sometimes they're great and often they aren't. You wonder if you would be the one that makes it or the guy that drinks the water first day and has to leave immediately.

You like Naked and Afraid? Higher turnover rate so more hijinks to exploit. Kinda like going on a hunt with a brand new hunting partner every time. Sometimes they're great and often they aren't. You wonder if you would be the one that makes it or the guy that drinks the water first day and has to leave immediately.
My buddies dad was on the Namabia series back in the day.

But no, I don’t watch that either, scripted/ edited hunting shows with a story are about the only “reality” TV I can handle.

My buddies dad was on the Namabia series back in the day.

But no, I don’t watch that either, scripted/ edited hunting shows with a story are about the only “reality” TV I can handle.
Wow, interesting. He have any good stories or insight? I couldn't do it, too much shame. Would just be worried about people seeing me naked the whole time. I'm a "grower" not a "shower".

If they had a season for folks with handicaps and gerryactics. I could would enjoy taking a stab. Hey hanging out in the outdoors n hard physical work all your life can take its toll. And you tend to learn how important it is to learn. As mentioned folks that get lonely for their family within days n quit.
As far as loosing your job, lots of retired folks that know ol school ways. And have time. Might get a better pool of applicants. And would be different too. And if you apply n not absolutely sure you can win this maybe you should think it over a bit more, practice.
Hey I'm not an expert at anything but have spent a lifetime outdoors. Since childhood by myself out hunting with my bb gun. But also worked n played hard. Kinda wore out some body parts but feel I can hold my own.
Maybe put folks in terrain their a bit familiar with and they could show what they know. Just spitballing. I enjoy the show and learn about how others deal with being in the bush. If I could get to use what I need to survive my daily life. I could give it a shot. And have a ball, I think. And yes the money would be a nice incentive too. Maybe us ol farts still have some stuff to offer

I'm visualizing a recording of you scribing in the dirt some graph chart on success/failure rate of your past, current, and future projection of your hunt endeavors.

If you didn't present such colorful graphs, I don't think I'd make it through a few sentences. Your presentation skillzzzz keep people from the zzz's this, you might be a good candidate for such a show.

If you're able to keep yourself, self entertained, you might even have a chance!

Mind you colorful rock, etc for your dirt graphs would be helpful. Playboy in Black and While is a bit, meh!

All humor aside, I really enjoy the skills some manage mentally as well, if not moreso, than the physical skills.

Wllm "take two, Action!" /Tearing while dirt graphs scaling missing wife.

You boys would probably love my chipmunk hunting video from back in the day.

So I wouldn't be able to do it, i have this thing called work to go to.

Best advice for anyone who is going to do it... Gain as much weight as possible. Also get comfortable with starving. The heavier you can go into alone, the longer you can last. Any food you find along the way will help you starve slower than the rest!

So I wouldn't be able to do it, i have this thing called work to go to.

Best advice for anyone who is going to do it... Gain as much weight as possible. Also get comfortable with starving. The heavier you can go into alone, the longer you can last. Any food you find along the way will help you starve slower than the rest!
That was the basic plan for the runner up from Clay's season lol. And it darn near almost worked.

When the show first came out I was just getting into the world of hunting and camping so I thought it would be awesome. And then on like the first episode somebody tapped out because he lost his ferro rod on the first day. Didn't even attempt to make fire without it.

When Netflix picked up some seasons of it I watched the one where the guy killed the moose. He seemed to be a legit survival guy. I mean he had moose meat reserves, smoked fish, rabbits, and berries when they came to tell him he won. Barring a fire, I feel like that guy had pretty much made it.

I have no illusions about my ability to be on the show. I enjoy my time alone in the woods but I also work hard to make sure that I don't ever have to "survive". Community is what has allowed humanity to thrive.

Back