Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

"Alone" season 9 premiere tonight May 26

Finally started watching season 8. Bout halfway through. Seeing the legit shelters they build I'm surprised the winner didn't make it to 100 days. The Winter must absolutely destroy them and depleted their food. I don't know why I haven't been watching this show.

Mrs and I have watched up through Episode 7 as of last night. We follow each episode with Clay Hayes recap from his YT channel.
We were rooting for the contestant pulled in Ep 7, But it was pretty obvious he was going to get pulled.
Now we are backing the remaining Idahoan.

78 days for the winner. And the classic ambush from the significant other to tell them they had won the title and the prize money.

Very interesting strategy by the winner. More like a season 1 or 2 contestant, simply willing to suffer longer and more successfully than anyone else.

He wasn't as skinny as I thought he would be.
His hibernation strategy paid off.
My wife and I were thinking the same thing. He still had what appeared to be some fat around his mid section and his face didn't look like he was starving. His method worked. Think he was starting to lose his mind a bit, but that guy was tough. No fire for a long time either. I think being younger also helped him. The lady he was competing against at the end was almost twice his age. She put up a heck of a fight to win as well.

Just finished watching 8. I figured the guy with the skills to take a deer had the woodsmanship to make it through.

Greg Ovens is clown and hes up on criminal charges for filming his crap in the national park.....
This is true. Who woulda thunk it a man cannot catch and keep nor discharge firearms in a Canadian park? Yet that same individual is somehow back in Canada and I think he’ll make 50 days. Federal Court may garnish winnings.

I was thinking that the Canadian doctor would win, but he knew his body. The lady Karrie Lee, I was rooting for her just cause she was keeping her attitude in check. Very surprised the one that fasted as long as he did actually had the best luck.

I’m so glad the hippie didn’t win . Napoleon dynamites buddy Pedro deserved it . That sucker was tough as nails.

Greg Ovens is clown and hes up on criminal charges for filming his crap in the national park.....

Let's not forget Zachary Fowler who I actually liked during his season but turned out to be a POS.

Ignorance of rules and laws isn't an excuse and that applies to parks.

There is a ton of crown/public land around those National Parks where rules are much different and very permissive. The rule about firearms, fishing and fires/firewood in our National Parks are also pretty clear.

Our National Parks are the way they are for a reason. I have no sympathy for two dudes who are skilled enough to run YouTube and social media platforms but claim ignorance of the law especially when the information is so easy to find only with a quick Google search.

Wife and I thought Karlie would wim, after all she was never "alone", she always seemed to have oices in her head

I thought the winner's strategy was pretty lame, but I was impressed with his skills by the end.
There’s this chick occasionally on “Naked and Afraid”, goes by the appropriated Hawaiian name of Makani. She is so deliberate with energy conservation it makes for boring TV. Though she is the prettiest, she’s lazy like no one else.

History channel is trying to capitalize on the franchise as two more seasons have started/start soon.

6 returning contestants will once again challenge themselves v Ma Nature on Alone:Frozen. If they make 50 days in the coastal Labrador climate, the winners split the 500k. Polar bears teasers galore in the hour long premier where we meet the returners.

Alone: The Skills Challenge will feature former contestants (including Clay Hayse) doing specific tasks. The contestants are sent a small collection of tools, and given a task and given three days. They are working in their home areas so the terrain is quite varied. These episodes appear to be 30 minutes viewing time.

Today is National Mail Order Catalog day. Aaron Montgomery sent out his (the store chain Montgomery Ward was named for him) first catalog in 1872 to Chicago residents.

When I was a young teenager I would imagine that I was going to go off into the wilderness and I would allow myself to find ten items found in the Sears Catalog. Sleeping bag, ax, fishing package that came with rod/reel/”fully stocked“ tackle box, a .22 rifle, tent, cooking kit, and outdoors clothing always made the ten item list.

Never did I imagine that one day a tv show would “steal my idea“ and make a contest for someone to win a cool half millions bucks.

Episode 2 of Alone:Frozen tonight.

We’ve got three returners already talking about home and loved ones. Not a good sign.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back