Alexis on the Rampage in Kentucky...

FLIPPER

2009ky1.jpg

Cell phone pic before I retrieved my camera.

After spending the weekend in Kentucky for their rifle opener...Alexis chose to kill this buck on the last hour of the last day of her hunt.

This trip was GREAT! We shared another hunt together and got to work on our tans...man it was HOT on Sunday!

Alexis had a great time...I had a great time and more life long memories were made this weekend! We shared this hunt with a friend of ours,BUZZ and with our friends who invite us up to hunt in Ky every year.

Saturday we saw a GIGANTIC BUCK, 170+, chasing a doe...but it was thick, only stopped once and had NO shot. We also saw another small buck and 3 does.

Sunday morning we had a 140ish buck sneak in behind us at 40yds and then busted us and went back the way he came. Sunday evening, we got busted by a doe. About an hour later the buck she killed walked down a road bed past us, then turned and started down towards us. So I moved Alexis to the right side of the tree and got her setup. I stayed hid behind the tree...Alexis said, "I see it and its coming right to us and its a BUCK!" So I asked her if she wanted to shoot it and she replied, "yes I do."

So still without me seeing this deer...I plugged my ears when I saw her finger move into the trigger guard. Then at 10yds...BOOOOOOOOM! I moved so I could watch and he went about 20-25yds and wrecked! Alexis was whooping and telling me about how it all had unfolded...being as I didn't get to watch. She was as excited as she had ever been before. It was another great father-daughter moment! :cool:

While we were packing up our gear...another deer,spike,came down the same trail to within 15yds of us and just stood there watching us pack and listening to her tell me about her killing shot 3 more times. :D

I am so proud her! She hunted ALL day both days on this hunt. Longest she has ever set is about 5 or 6 hrs.

This made her third deer she killed this past week. She has killed 6 bucks and 2 does in the past 5 deer seasons so far.

007.jpg

Alexis had some of these this weekend while hunting also. :D

naptime.jpg

This was Sunday when it was 80 degrees...I bent down a tree limb and draped my shirt over it to give her some shade while she napped.

If you notice in the 2nd deer pic...her cheeks and nose got a little sun.

She is a stone cold killer and knows how to nap in the woods. Look like dad spoils her with a sleeping bag.

That is too cool! There is nothing as exciting as dragging out our kids deer. Well, yea there is...watching them draw down on the big `ol buck/deer, and the look on their face after the shot! Don`t get any better than that!
Congrats again Alexis!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crookhunt
Back