Alaskan dreams fulfilled

nmtaxi

My second "once-in-a-lifetime" Alaska hunt was a complete success. It was a DIY fly out with 40-Mile Air out of Tok, and hunted for 4 days. The caribou hit the ground on day 1, and the moose on day 4.

caribou1.jpg
[/IMG]
moose1.jpg
[/IMG]

Great looking animals, especially that moose. Thanks for sharing. How far did you have to pack the moose?

Congrats on two fine looking animals :D :D :D

any story to go along with the pics??

Good for you!

That's a great end to a DIY hunt espcially if you did it alone. What was your rifle and caliber setup?

That looks like it was an awesome hunt and those are some NICE critters. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks for the comments guys. I was going to post a long story with lots of pics, and just didn't have the energy. Besides, the post says it all. The hunt was everything I've dreamed of. The terrain was perfect, the weather was beautiful for the first 5 days. My buddy Vinny scored on a very nice caribou also.
I am very proud of both of these animals. The moose is not quite as big as the picture shows. The pic almost has a Chuck Adams thing going on. He's only 52" wide, but he does have incredible brow tines. Anyway, plenty big enough for me:D

moose2.jpg

That's great nmtaxi, I'm headed to Kodiak in 44 days. Not quite the adventure you and Vinny went on but it's a start. My friends from PA are trying to get me to do a moose hunt with them in AK... baby steps, baby steps.

Congats,
--Bill

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theghostbull
Back