Alaska moose - OYOA style

I tried to put this together for my brother before he went overseas, and we decided to scrap the idea when the total went over 6k per person. So I would really enjoy watching that show. I have a couple more things to check off my bucket list and then Mr. Bullwinkle is up next!

I know myself when I get the vacation time and funds saved up in the future really would love to go do a moose hunt on my own and plan to, so for me I think its a great idea and would probably be great information for people out there thinking the same.

Better make that planning quick, at my age I don't have many years left to carry out a hunt for Moose & Bou. But those are in all my dreams for me and my son. Get started and keep us posted on the planning techniques!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would enjoy a show like described . But what i would like to see most is more of a prehunt planning , show. If OYOA T.V. is 101 than something on the grad school level would be useful to alot of guys on here. Understand that something like that wouldn't work for your show , but maybe a C.D. . I suspect if you could make a C.D. of an actual hunts plans guys would buy it . I'm guessing after reading your live hunts that you are more than aware that some interesting points get cut for T.V.

It would be a great couple of episodes. I first went to AK in 2004 for a moose hunt. Spent $6000 and had a horrible experience. I went back in 2007, spent right at $5000 and came home with a moose and a caribou. What I learned on that first trip was invaluable. If you can help people to not make the mistakes that a lot of first timers make, it would be well worth the effort.

Think this sums up my thoughts.
As a "joe" hunter... i've always considered a trip of this sort out of my reach. Really never gave thought to it. Based on taxi's comment - what you could offer would hold beyond value, the "honest" side of the oyo hunter finding the dream hunt ~ a potential to consider.

Besides I dig your handy cam deer hunts as well... so have at it! And sell some Damn clothing while the season is hot to sell.... that will bump up your funds :D

One of the favorite episodes was you and troy bear and Alaska... it was a step away from the normal and yet opened a new world of opportunity for the "joe"hunter hunter.

I'd definitely be interested in watching a show about a OYO moose, caribou, and/or Sitka blacktail deer. I'd be interested in learning how you would do it on you own on a tight budget and would love to see/hear/read some of the background details that go into planning a hunt like that as well.

Looking forward to it! :D

Ron

Well, Alaska sure sounds great for a Moose hunt, but what are the numbers for a Canadian Moose Hunt? Seems we are alot closer to Canada than Alaska. What about Quebec and their Cabin based hunts, ect. Just curious. John

Definitely, go for the show Randy. Even if it may be beyond the budget of some do-it-yourselfers it doesn't smell like elitism to me. That's a hunt I've had dreams of since I've been about 16 and still have that same desire. An Alaska moose/caribou combo is first on my list of "once in a lifetime" hunts that I have much hope of completing.

You could throw my name in the hat as another Hunttalker that would try to make it happen if your other partners backed out. Shucks, if your camera guy quits the day before on this hunt.... have Canon XH A1, will travel. :)

Go for it I would love to see those episodes air.I was just trying to come up with a way I could afford a moose hunt myself.I have been looking into the sitka blacktales also,they look alot more doable to me as a OYO hunter.

You can keep my name out of the hat for doing the hunt on TV, but I would to see the nuts and bolts of the hunt. Hunting AK moose is on my bucket list, but not knowing anyone who has hunted there or even where to begin in the planning process is the big hurdle that is keeping me from realizing that dream.

Do it for all of us that need to check that item off a list.

I would be interested. I've been running some numbers myself recently on a DIY Caribou/Moose hunt.

Given the difficulty of the logistics, it might be better spread over several shows, with an emphasis on how any one of us can make this work. I think that you should take the viewer, step by step, through the whole process. It may not seem glamorous, but the mundane parts have to get done in order for the exciting part to happen.

I see a lot of guys here that say this is something they want to do but don't know how... it's on my bucket list.... i don't know anyone who's done it.... yada yada yada. I was in the same shoes a few years ago and decided to quit talking about it and just do it. I've done seven OYO hunts to Alaska. The answers to most of my questions .... I found on this web site.... talking privately to guys on here who shared what worked for them and what didn't. I'll agree that Randys show is gonna help a bunch.... but the answers are right here... you just gotta take the first step and commit yourself. Ed F

Count me in... When do we apply?? Been wanting to do a moose hunt for a long time but need an excuse and someone to go with.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
K9TXS
Back