Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Alaska Black Bear – Part III

Feel free to share.

Randy sounded as excited as a kid at Christmas. He only had one rocky point that had cell coverage and promises more details when he gets to the mainland. I can't wait to get more details myself. I'm sure they are wrapping up more filming duties and the logistics of getting in and out of the location. Man I wish I could have gone on this hunt.

I have the feeling it is either a big bear or the true home of bigfoot.:D

Either way, I can't wait to hear the results.

OK, guys. Just touched down in Pburg and unloaded. Imported a few pics of "Melon head" and will post them now. The entire story probably won't be ready until tomorrow, but hopefully when you see the pics, you will see why I go through such great lengths to get to some of these remote island spots for black bear.

By far the biggest bear I have ever shot. Not a rub on him, which is amazing for this late in the season. Not sure the size of his noggin, but big. I shot a good one in Montana that Greenhorn measured for me, and this one seems a lot bigger than that bear. Game and Fish will get to measure him up tomorrow.

Needless to say, when you see the footage, you will see why there was not much hesitation that I was going to shoot him. Gotta hit the shower, grab some dinner, and get gear de-junked in case we can fly out tomorrow.

Tried to use a pic that was most realistic. Some of the pic angles make him look like a brown bear-sized dude.
IMG_0937.JPG

Not only a big head, but a long dude, also. Left is Matt, a new camera guy to the team, Brad, the field producer is in the middle.
IMG_0954.JPG

Big feet, also.
IMG_0960.JPG

Why he was nick named, "Melon head."
IMG_0964.JPG

Put the rifle in there to give some perspective of his size.
IMG_0982.JPG

An amazing hunt in one of the most amazing places on the planet. When you see the footage, you will see why no boats screw around in this area. I only wish I had drawn for next year.

Full story to follow later, Pics will have to do for now.

Congrats Randy...what a stud of a bear.

For all the initial challenges you sure made up for it with being efficient in the field.

Looking forward to seeing this one on the TV.

Randy... that it is a seriously big bear! I cant wait to watch the episode. Congrats!

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back