Airport drinking

I ALMOST missed my flight back to Afghanistan from leave. I had a connection and forgot about time change so I was pounding Bud Lattes at the bar thinking I had another hour. Thank god they paged me and I was close to my gate. Walked on the plane half-cocked and kept this one man party going until I passed out somewhere over the Atlantic!!!
Was @Gellar buying you drinks?
I highlighted the key word here. All’s good that ends good.

Was @Gellar buying you drinks?

There was an older German guy in my aisle. I was pounding Molson Drys and he was downing Heinekens. He was kind of tsunting me, always a beer ahead of me it seemed like.

I eventually passed out and woke up to old boy's tray lined up with empties and him still going strong. 20yo me deffinitely couldn't keep up with a well worn German liver.

Other airport observations.

If half of all humans are female, why is there always a queue at their public restrooms? Does it take longer for them because they wash their hands?

Last edited:
My new company made it clear that 2 alcoholic drinks per evening meal was our allowance for expense purposes.

My issue on drinking in airports is that usually when I land I need to rent a car and drive somewhere. So the only time I remember actually drinking on a plane was a flight to Canada for a vendor sponsored fishing trip. The stewardess recognized we were a fun group of guys and comped us our drinks.

I had completed a Caribou hunt in AK, killed a couple of decent bulls. Horrible outfitter, no working stove or water filter, socked in by storms in tents I wouldn't have sent my daughter to Girl Scout camp in (and didn't).
She had a Mountain Hardware tent for GS camp, usually in the fall or spring in Montana, so anything goes, back when it was owned by, well the Mountain Hardware folks, not beancounters.

Finally made it back, shower, 2 G&Ts, and I woke up to "Last call for Seattle". So, yep, I could have been a statistic as a missed flight.

My new company made it clear that 2 alcoholic drinks per evening meal was our allowance for expense purposes.

My issue on drinking in airports is that usually when I land I need to rent a car and drive somewhere. So the only time I remember actually drinking on a plane was a flight to Canada for a vendor sponsored fishing trip. The stewardess recognized we were a fun group of guys and comped us our drinks.
Itemized receipt, no alcohol. Our handbook says $30 a day for food but no one’s ever questioned that.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JMD
Back