MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Afghanistan pics

EODRay

Just thought I'd give an update from the land of endless beaches…..but no ocean.
Here you can see the versatility of the Mystery Ranch Crew Cab. It's the best bag we could find for carrying our dismounted robot. We have a bigger one that we carry on the truck but this one is supposed to be man portable. That's debatable. When you are carrying this robot, it's spare batteries, controller and your kit (Plate carriers, basic load of ammo, radio, tools, etc) you are over 100lbs on your back. It gets old fast.
MR1.jpg
MR2.jpg

Another pic of the MATV
TRK.jpg

We like it when the kids are around. It usually means that be aren't going to get blown up. It's when the kids aren't around…..and should be, that you know something bad is about to happen.
Kids.jpg

Here comes our ride. Preferred method of travel.
Choppers.jpg

This building has seen better days.
BLDG.jpg

Thanks for pics, and thanks so much more for your service.

Before my son took his out and got back in 12, he looked real hard at reupping and going EOD. Must say Dad was happy with his final decision.

Again...THANK YOU. Stay safe.

Thanks for your service and for sharing some images of your environment.
Just the initials "EOD" makes the hair on the back of my neck stand up.

Be safe, Godspeed in your return to your real home.

Thanks for pics, and thanks so much more for your service.

Before my son took his out and got back in 12, he looked real hard at reupping and going EOD. Must say Dad was happy with his final decision.

Again...THANK YOU. Stay safe.

I hear ya. My wife and I have an agreement……..she doesn't want to hear about my day and she doesn't watch the news. When I'm gone. I downplay everything. The problems come in when my work buddies are hanging out telling stories. She says……you never told me about that. I say….did you really want to hear about it. She didn't :) There have been many times over the years spent in this country that I thought that I was punching my ticket. If I can make it through this last (last one for me I hope) election season, I should be home free. :hump: We are made to do what we are made to do though and I couldn't see myself doing anything else.
Having said that, I'm glad that my son (25 years old) was made to do something different. I think it's harder on the loved ones than it is on the Soldiers most times.

You guys do a great job. Thanks to all those who have, or are serving. God Bless

Thanks for your service Ray! Great pics. Proud of you and others out there. Stay safe!
A couple coworkers were part of the EOD in Afghanistan as well. Tough gig. Thanks again.

You don't like your near beer in the stan? LOL I pounded some Lowenbrau in Iraq....lol

Yea, just not the same John. In 2004 I had a team member that turned 21 on deployment and he pounded about 10 in a row trying to get a buzz. I said dude, you are just going to be pissing all night…..that's just what he did too. :D

Yea, just not the same John. In 2004 I had a team member that turned 21 on deployment and he pounded about 10 in a row trying to get a buzz. I said dude, you are just going to be pissing all night…..that's just what he did too. :D

We had guys brewing wine in their hooches from fruit..and some guys had friends sending vodka with food coloring in it in mouthwash bottles

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jaly24
Back