Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Accubonds

Accubond 150 grain 7mm is non existant around me here in Michigan. I have called every where I can think of.May have to go with Partitons.

Seeing that I can't find any Accubonds anywhere around me ,I loaded some 150 grain Partitions for my 7mm Remington mag for elk this fall. 150Partition over 60.5 of IMR4350 . Accubonds are good but the tried and true partitions are a great elk bullet.

Seeing that I can't find any Accubonds anywhere around me ,I loaded some 150 grain Partitions for my 7mm Remington mag for elk this fall. 150Partition over 60.5 of IMR4350 . Accubonds are good but the tried and true partitions are a great elk bullet.

I think that the only difference in performance is the that ABs are prettier! I shoot 160 Partitions in my Remington 7 mag and it smucks elk. My other rifle shoots 140 ABs real well, but I haven't shot anything with them. I shoot 139 Hornadys also and the ABs shoot a bit faster with the same powder. The Hornadys have killed lots of deer and antelope over the years and on my steel targets, it appeared to me that they actually leave a deeper impact point than the ABs.

I will gladly use the ABs and Partitions interchangeably in any weight.

Sportsmans warehouse in Missoula has some 7mm 140 grain accubonds in stock. I picked up 2 boxes today and they had 9 boxes left.
Dan

Haven't been paying attention the past couple months but finally saw these on a store shelf today in western MT.

I have been loading 180 Accubond for my 300WSM and getting great accuracy. I am taking the 300 WSM elk hunting instead of my 7mm mag.Also seeing that Ballistic Tips shoot to the samepoint of aim,I will use the Ballistic tips on my antelope hunt. Both excellent bulles!!

Last edited:
The next time Nosler has Accubonds as seconds,I am buying more. They are the most accurate bullet I haave found for my WSM's

anyone looking for .284 150gr ablr's I have a box to sell, They don't shoot out of my 280AI

If interested send me a PM

anyone looking for .284 150gr ablr's I have a box to sell, They don't shoot out of my 280AI

If interested send me a PM

There has been a lot of discussion on the accuracy of the new LRAB. I don't know what you have tried to get them to shoot in your 280AI. I would suggest you start seating them at .075" off the lands and go deeper from there as a test. Anything under .075" is a waste of time, powder, and bullets. They seem to act more like a Barnes X bullet from seating depth than anything else.

If you've already tried that then it would be time to move on.

I musta got lucky with the 210's in my RUM. 3150 fps and way under an inch. Shot some stuff with them and determined the regular Accubond was better for how I hunt. mtmuley

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jahmes143
Back