Accubonds

There has been a lot of discussion on the accuracy of the new LRAB. I don't know what you have tried to get them to shoot in your 280AI. I would suggest you start seating them at .075" off the lands and go deeper from there as a test. Anything under .075" is a waste of time, powder, and bullets. They seem to act more like a Barnes X bullet from seating depth than anything else.

If you've already tried that then it would be time to move on.

Interesting. I have a box of 7mm 168gr sitting on the loading bench. I'll keep that in mind.

I have heard it said to practice with Ballistic tips and hunt with Accubonds but in my 300WSM Browning that is not the case .Accubond 180 grain is far more accurate than Ballistic tips of same weight and powder charge.

I have heard it said to practice with Ballistic tips and hunt with Accubonds but in my 300WSM Browning that is not the case .Accubond 180 grain is far more accurate than Ballistic tips of same weight and powder charge.

Rooster, I also have a Browning (ABolt) in 300 WSM and I am using 180 Gr E-Tips. I've gone through 35 or so rounds, so 7 different seating depths, and cant get anything under an inch, well 2 inches really. Started .030 off the lands and have gone deeper in .007 increments. I am going to see if I can find another box today, if not I can either try 165 gr TSX's or buy some 180 Accubonds. Got a suggestion?

Rooster, I also have a Browning (ABolt) in 300 WSM and I am using 180 Gr E-Tips. I've gone through 35 or so rounds, so 7 different seating depths, and cant get anything under an inch, well 2 inches really. Started .030 off the lands and have gone deeper in .007 increments. I am going to see if I can find another box today, if not I can either try 165 gr TSX's or buy some 180 Accubonds. Got a suggestion?

Generally speaking I've found it best to start at .010" off the lands with a new bullet and then go in .040" increments ---- .010", 050", .090, and .130". One of them almost always shows better promise than the others. After that you can fine tune it in smaller increments. This method is actually straight out of Bryan Litz from Berger bullets and I have found it holds true in a lot more different brand bullets.

I gave up many years ago starting close to the lands and working in small increments to find a sweet node - too many barrels shot out before their time.

My browning really likes 180 Accubonds and 67grains of Reloader 22.seated .020 off works for me.I tried .030 to .010 and it really did not make much difference,so I just settled for .020 off.
My barrel is real heat sensitive,taking my time to let barrel cool it shoots under 1 inch at 100 yards.To me that is great for a hunting rifle.

Another bullet that shoots almost as good is the 180 Hornady inter lock with same powder load.

I'd sure like to find some 150gr 7mm A-Bonds right now. Waiting for the notification from Midway. And waiting..........and waiting.

I have a box of .284 150 ablr's I wont be using. anyone interested ill do $57 shipped
if interested PM me

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back