A wrench thrown in my hunting

Redman

I am a equipment manager for a electrical company and 13 of our crew call the call to head to Florida for storm duty...including yours truly. They want us wheels up today. Been scrambling for the past few days getting things ready. The trouble is SFC B arrived last night and CPO is on his way from Colorado. I informed my boss that I am not refusing to go but I have my friends make the trip and would like to spend a few days with them. We came to an agreement that I could head out on my own Monday morning but if the crew had any issues that I would have to leave ASAP. Pretty bummed that my rifle season will only be 2 days but even more bummed that I don't get to spend more time with my hunting brothers. Hunting season here isn't over till it's over but so far 22 has not been successful.

Sorry. That sucks. Hope you guys are able to make the most of the hunting time you do have!

Thanks for keeping the lights on. After our ice storm, thousands of snapped off poles and no power for a couple weeks this spring, I appreciate what you guys do. It was pretty impressive to watch all the crews at work.

Sorry. That sucks. Hope you guys are able to make the most of the hunting time you do have!

Thanks for keeping the lights on. After our ice storm, thousands of snapped off poles and no power for a couple weeks this spring, I appreciate what you guys do. It was pretty impressive to watch all the crews at work.
Thank you for the kind words HW! I am the equipment manager so I don't do much except make sure the equipment is running and figure out how to keep production going if I can't fix it. I can run a digger derrick to remove and set poles but you don't want me hooking up electricity...your fans would run backwards and your microwave would freeze your food instead of cooking it😄

I feel your pain brother gotta love work..., as Hunting Wife said, Thank You for all that you do!!! Mad respect for the power guys!!!
Thank you Sir! I tell you what if a person just getting out of high school and doesn't want to go to college I would encourage them to go to lineman school. Looking at these guys you wouldn't think it but they make $$. 90% of them do what we love to do...that is probably why they don't mind being out in all types of weather!

Jobs are a dime a dozen. Florida will still be a mess when your hunt is over. Take your days.
Well I am taking tomorrow through Sunday off and will be a few days behind the crew. It is just one of those things I signed up for. Sometimes life gets in the way. I had a great season last year so I am due for a less than stellar one and hey it ain't the end of this season things can turn around!

Redman I hate to hear about the hunting impediments but appreciate the good work you do. Where in Florida they sending you? Good luck hunting the next few days

Thanks for what you do. I woke up at 330AM the other morning to the sound of chainsaws and no power.

About 8 years ago we had a windstorm that had us without power for over a week. Glad there are folks like you who get the lights back on.

Redman I hate to hear about the hunting impediments but appreciate the good work you do. Where in Florida they sending you? Good luck hunting the next few days
Still in a holding pattern. Also talking about maybe the East coast. Just the way it goes all dressed up and no where to go until the green light is given! Driven several hundred miles before only to turn around and head back and have been called out of no where to scramble and head out for weeks.

Back