Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

A timely lament . . .

...I don't care what party you're in or how great your other ideas may be-don't. touch. my. kids.
And I’m sure there’s parents of trans kids out there, who just want to love and support their kids, that would agree with this exact sentiment right here.

I, politically, am pretty centrist, and refuse to belong to either party. Where I draw the line is anybody on either side, whether it’s the left telling me how to raise my kids, or the right telling me what books my kids can or cannot have access to. Both can KMA.

And I’m sure there’s parents of trans kids out there, who just want to love and support their kids, that would agree with this exact sentiment right here.

I, politically, am pretty centrist, and refuse to belong to either party. Where I draw the line is anybody on either side, whether it’s the left telling me how to raise my kids, or the right telling me what books my kids can or cannot have access to. Both can KMA.

The book thing is a completely different argument and frankly a huge red herring issue in my opinion. You can give your kid those books whether or not they are stocked in the school library, nobody is telling you you can't do that on your own time. However, my 59-lb 6th grader has already had to play a C-team basketball game against a trans 'girl' who probably outweighed everyone on my daughter's team by 100-lbs and scored 22 of 24 total points for that team. I can't just put my daughter on another team because it's happening all over, but your kid is welcome to visit the public library or buy books on Amazon...

The book thing is a completely different argument and frankly a huge red herring issue in my opinion. You can give your kid those books whether or not they are stocked in the school library, nobody is telling you you can't do that on your own time. However, my 59-lb 6th grader has already had to play a C-team basketball game against a trans 'girl' who probably outweighed everyone on my daughter's team by 100-lbs and scored 22 of 24 total points for that team. I can't just put my daughter on another team because it's happening all over, but your kid is welcome to visit the public library or buy books on Amazon...
Take up chess club. Making major policy decisions based on "trends" in 6th grade basketball seems like a pretty bad idea.

I lost an old friend over the last election.....strangely enough we really did share a lot of views. The issue became his absolute entrenchment in hatred of one side/candidate and then resorting to name calling of not only that person/side but also me....even after I had explained that in all recent memory I have been living in the "lesser of 2 evils" reality. I was astonished at the vitriol that ensued and even today it saddens me. A colleague at that welding shop I teach at (she teaches the practical math curriculum) and I had a discussion about this the other day. We are a different sides of most things (although not drastically) but have nice calm discussions about our viewpoints on all sorts of things. She was saying how nice and rare it is and I agreed. I have had some great role models in my maternal grandparents and some professors in law school who really demonstrated how disagreement should not come with dismissal and attack if you ever wish to be constructive.

Do you really think the kid on the other team is choosing to take puberty blocking drugs and deal with tons of ridicule (probably mostly from parents, which has to hurt that much more) just so she can light up the scoreboard for peewee basketball? And is your daughter's team getting lit up by said kid in 6th grade going to stymie a promising WNBA career? Kids sports teach teamwork and perseverance through adversity; I get that there are absolutely very real concerns about competitive advantage at higher levels where it can effect college prospects and careers but for young kids I think the parents are the ones whos feelers are getting hurt.

Uh-oh, girls can only play chess? Look out, toxic masculinity here!
I used an example where the size of a person doesn't matter. Anything you add in is on you.
When I was in 7th grade I had to play basketball against a future NBA player. The guy was 6'8" and was dunking while the rest of us were trying to eat enough to fit into our uniforms. I learned quick that life ain't fair. I didn't ask the government for a solution.

I used an example where the size of a person doesn't matter. Anything you add in is on you.
When I was in 7th grade I had to play basketball against a future NBA player. The guy was 6'8" and was dunking while the rest of us were trying to eat enough to fit into our uniforms. I learned quick that life ain't fair. I didn't ask the government for a solution.
Sorry but that's not the same.

I got into a argument with a family member a while back about a kids football game where one team just obliterated the other and didn't have some sort of mercy rule.

I still don't see any issue with it... they did, I understand their perspective it just doesn't change my mind.

I competed in a sport that just had one division that was like 12 and up. You literally had people coming back from the Olympics and competing with 6th graders. I had to go head to at age 14 with a 20 year old who had just won the silver medal. I basically got demolished until my senior year of high school. I found that to be a really important experience looking back. You learn more from losing than winning… but it was an individual sport not a team sport so someone’s superior abilities didn’t keep me from getting to play.

I can see how that's frustrating as a parent to watch, I'm years from school sports and I'm sure when I get there will be a host of frustrations.

Last edited by a moderator:
all the analogies in sports are interesting and trans stuff is a very difficult thing to wrestle with. i take more issue with young kids being introduced or being prodded with the idea to consider or explore their gender identity in elementary school than the sports things, these are things to be discussed in the house, end of story, i will not negotiate on that. and the stories of that happening are true, how widespread it is i couldn't say, but i know it happens.

some of the other analogies in high school sports is interesting. my high school swim team had a guy on it who went on to the olympic trials, never finished worse than 1st place in every event he swam, which was all of them, in his entire 5A high school career. his domination was a true spectacle and i think entertaining for even the opposing teams and parents. was it fair? should every high school be required to have at least one legitimately aspiring olympian on their team for it be fair? probably not. is that analagous to if i had competed as a woman as a mediocre but at least state qualifying men's swimmer? i dunno, if i was depriving the best girls of their opportunities to letter, go to state, be chosen for scholarships.... it becomes a problem IMO.

ugh, finnicky shit.

Sorry but that's not the same.
When you're teaching your kid life lessons it is. There are plenty of snowflakes in school meetings bitching about inappropriate books and complaining about who is using what bathroom. The problems in schools is mostly parental involvement, either too much or too little.

I am not justifying it, just think it is a pretty small problem. I'm sure that kid Luke referenced is pretty messed up, and the parents probably are too. But I'm not on this Earth to judge them. Not my job. I'm sure these are real problems. My advice is don't start cutting things off until you are 100% sure, and I'm not paying for it. Other than that, it falls under the category of 'Freedom'.

This shouldn't even be an argument.
It's very simple and there should be no discussion about it. If we don't speak up the next generation is doomed. So here it is:

Theres only 2 genders, everything else is a figment of the imagination. Supporters of the radical ideologies about gender are enabling people with psychological problems.

Boys and girls belong in separate locker rooms of their real gender, and should play physical sports separately. Men and women are physically and mentally different, period. It's unsafe and unfair to mix the two.

With regards to the MT (trans) teen being taken from her parents, thats BS. The state has no right to usurp parental authority involving the healthcare of a child. Especially when it involves an identity crisis being forced upon the kid by the very government taking the child away. Calling it abuse or neglect for not supporting the psychological issue of body dysmorphia is the pot calling the kettle black! The state has kidnapped a child, trafficked her across state lines, next plan is to move her to another country, for the purpose of (sexually) abusing this child with a psychological disorder by enabling it, with the intent of medically experimenting on them by changing their gender!!!! Im not religious but I hope to God there is not one person on here in support of these actions.

I'll make my last stand and die on the mountain defending these statements, to protect the children anyone wishes to harm.

Well my number one Job is taking care of what I think is right for my kids and to be honest I really don't care if someone feels judged in the process. So we'll have agree to disagree. Not your job, like it's not my problem.
Bringing it back to the topic, I think we all feel that way about our kids. I think recognizing that is key in not getting too carried away and burning relationships.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheWolf
Back