Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

A once in a lifetime hunt--maybe !

Here is what I would do given the chance. A series of continental European hunts for a variety of species. I am a big fan of the traditions associated with the hunting culture there. You can choose between alpine hunts, driven hunts, varying terrain etc. I would include Reds, Fallow and Ibex if it was my choice.

My second choice would be an alpine hunt in NZ for tahr and then dropping down for a few other species.

Third would be Argentina for similar species with a very different set of surroundings.

^^^^Bonus with all of these are ease of travel (especially if you are accompanying) along with great food and wine/beer!!

The only sheep I find really alluring is the Stone but I don't think your budget will fit that (and definitely not a Marco Polo).

As for most of Asia and Africa.......given my previous profession, interactions with many of those cultures/locations and overall cautious nature I would NOT consider this for any female. I know that many people have completed these hunts with zero issues but it would NOT be a risk I would be willing to take both for human and environmental dangers specific to those locations. Plenty of wonderful locations which infinitely lower risks.....unless there is something she just HAS to do.

Buffalo hunt with John Sharp in Africa or coastal brown bear with Phil Shoemaker.

I’d apply for everything in AK (bison, musk ox, Sitka deer, goat, caribou, etc), and try to get in as many hunts as possible on a month-long trip, paying for transporters or guides on whatever was left until I hit 25k.

Ladies and Gentlemen

Thank you all, for your kind responses and suggestions. Being this close to Christmas, I know you are all busy so I appreciate your taking the time to give me your thoughts and suggestions .

Excellent suggestions and the variety of responses and suggestions is the reason I ask.

I loved them all -- each of them for different reasons and yet the same reason.

Exploring with family and friends, the great outdoors, experiencing new cultures, hunting--whether Doves in Argentina, Kudu in Africa, Grizzly in Alaska, Red Stag in New Zealand, Ibex in Spain, Coues at home-- I was recently ask what I would do over if I had the opportunity and I said "all of it"

The idea of being with her in the morning and evening is very intriguing to me, and my only real concern is that I dont want to slow them down in any way. But it is something my daughter has expressed an interest in me doing as well. She is helping me with this surprise gift for my granddaughter.

To lighten this up a bit. I am way to old to start another family, but adopting some you would certainly bring sunshine into my life, that is for sure.

As to the girls in Italy. They do have some very pretty women but I have not felt the urge to move in that direction--- yet ;)

SFC B I hear you and have found myself in places I did not want to be. However, a scary and light hearted one came to mind after I read your post. My husband in his infinite wisdom decided we needed to experience riding Arab horses in the Desert in Egypt. It was hot, sandy, dirty, the horses were not "calm" horses, and out in the desert Egypts version of law enforcement showed up and starts questioning our guides. I looked at my husband and ask him "are we having fun yet ?"o_O

Ladies and Gentlemen Thank you !

You are really on the bleeding edge of a leopard hunt if you waited for the right moment.
My thoughts on all these hunts by priority seem to change on a daily basis but right now I believe the Kodak brown bear is the finest trophy in North America.
I think I might be suffering from decision fatigue after thinking about this one.

I think Africa would make for a very memorable experience plus would allow you to join. Sitting around the fire in the evening sipping sundowners and sharing hunts present and past would be irreplaceable.
Then again, Stag, Tahr and chamois coupled with a few days hammering trout on the fly in New Zealand would be a great time too.

April, it’s a tough choice. By the time I was six or seven I had been on bear, moose, Caribou and sheep hunts. The sheep hunt near Anaktuvuk (1962) was likely the most memorable. The sheep were low, the weather agreeable and we were looking at a three mile hike from the village where Dad was working with the locals. Our guide was a 10 or 12 year old local girl who made me carry a basket for berries.
Came back with a decent ram and a hell of a bunch of berries. I love sheep hunting.
Things have changed!
Africa fascinated me my entire life, I have yet to make it. Talking to a couple of outfitters there, maybe this spring!
I think the feds are working on restricting access to an awful lot of Alaska. The writing has been on the wall for a while and every year when we get our CUAs renewed we deal with more restrictions and rumors from within.
I think I would head down the Peninsula for a big bear. Guaranteed the price of a good bear hunt is just going to soar in the future.
I hope the Christmas season finds and keeps you well. Take care of those grand babies, nothing better in the world.
Merry Christmas!

Well, I guess I would ask her, what her favorite would be.

But if I was choosing for myself, it would be a hunt with some ambiance. Not just a trudge up a hill, whack something, trudge back down. I'd prefer an adventure. So it would more where and how, rather than what. It might be in a canoe down the McKenzie (or whatever Panda Bear recommends) or a horse back ride (ala' Big Fin's Woodland Caribou/Moose), or a wagon trip across some stretch of Africa (preferably Tanzania, but is that even possible?), etc.

Anyway, I'd not choose an animal so much as an experience where animals happen to be along the way.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RichardMargarine
Back