A NW Montana day hunt-Wolf edition

I think Bones is confused, this was a post about a wolf.

I'm pretty damn proud of the shot. I would rate it as the second best shot I've made, only because I made a headshot on a coyote on a dead run at 175 yards after my hunting partner's rifle went "click."

I think you are the one confused, it was a great story about killing a wolf until you're last paragraph. You stated you were glad to see wolves thrive in the west, which any logical hunter would read as ( I am glad to see the massive decline in elk and deer herds in the west). You also stated you believe that wolves would help the deer and elk herds in the long run, I'm sorry but that is flat out stupid. Did you vote for Hillary Clinton for her trustworthiness?!

I think you are the one confused, it was a great story about killing a wolf until you're last paragraph. You stated you were glad to see wolves thrive in the west, which any logical hunter would read as ( I am glad to see the massive decline in elk and deer herds in the west). You also stated you believe that wolves would help the deer and elk herds in the long run, I'm sorry but that is flat out stupid. Did you vote for Hillary Clinton for her trustworthiness?!

Massive decline? Is that you Toby?

Massive decline? Is that you Toby?

No idea what your your talking about. Name is not toby, come to the Idaho panhandle and talk to some locals. Not one person will tell you the decline in elk herds is not directly related to the wolf reintroduction, including the biologists.

And some people really wondered why he would be hesitant to post the story. Being criticized after killing a wolf for not being anti-wolfy enough.

Nice wolf, glad you were able to set up quick and get a good shot on it, well done!

As to how this forum is operated, you are the one confused. Some rules on this forum that evidently you failed to understand.

A few points for anyone who might not understand how things work here.

If someone wants to post a hunting story, it is their post and their story. Whether you are agree or disagree, anything you post on someone's story thread are to be kept civil and constructive. If you don't like the story, in part or in whole, then keep your comments to yourself.

That goes for anyone and everyone on this forum. If people make as post that is asking/stating opinions, they are inviting comments and critique. When they post a story with their thoughts and what it meant to them, keep it positive or go elsewhere.

I'm sick and tired of the crap that seems to go on once hunting season is over. This forum is about hunters having a place to share their stories, post pics, and share information. If you don't want to do that, then you are at the wrong place. If that bothers you, go somewhere else.

Dont know how I missed this, but congrats on one hell of a trophy.

The fact that the Prey species in North America are so incredible is testament to what the predators here have helped to mold with their presence.

That thing looks sweet.. If I come across one like that my wife will be wearing it as clothing of some type..

Thanks for the congratulations guys! Like Randy said in the second wolf hunt episode, it is impossible to put into words the feeling of being successful on a wolf.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samcarp
Back