A New Year

Hunterman

Ok, boys and girls,,,a new year of baseball is just around the corner hump and hey I get to get out of the house and go to opening game (as long as I don't lift anything over 10 frigging pounds|oo )

Lets hear how y'alls team are going to do :)

I figure that the Seattle Mariners will start out slow about like last year,,then fire Mike Hardgrove and General Manager Bill Bavsey(sp?), Not too sure who they would pick-up for the GM, but I figure they will hire Mike Price from Az. as manager..Then go on one hell of a tear...All this before the all star break hump

Alright,,,there is mine,, lets hear y'alls..

Hunterman(Tony)

Rumors of Cal Ripken buying the O's flying around.....that would be great if he did.

we look about the same as last year....pitching might be a lil better.
not expected to do much.

I like the team the D-backs are putting on the field this year. Three aces and some really good young hitters. They may just suprise a few people this year.............

I like the team the D-backs are putting on the field this year. Three aces and some really good young hitters. They may just suprise a few people this year.............

They'll surprise a few folks, but our pitching staff still needs serious help. Hopefully the young guns make up for the piss poor hitting last year. Are you going to any games this year, Stan?

I've got tickets for the first home Dodger game and first Giants game. I'm sure Gonzo will get a long standing ovation and I can't wait to join the crowd. I'll bet he tips his hat to the AZ fans. I sure miss the guy. What a total class act! I hope he gets bou coup stats with the Dodgers and I Hate the Dodgers!

I think they need help with 4 & 5 in the rotation. 1-3 should be fine if Johnson is healthy.

I usually make a few games a year. I thought about buying the weekend package for this season. I just don't think I could make all the games..........

I would rather watch a good little league game than a bunch of overpaid cry babies... screw pro sports... and snow cones are only 50cts.

I guess its each to his own.. D- backs= taxpayer funded stadium! same with Az Cards... they will never get a dime from me....its a matter of principle.

I would rather watch a good little league game than a bunch of overpaid cry babies... screw pro sports... and snow cones are only 50cts.

I guess its each to his own.. D- backs= taxpayer funded stadium! same with Az Cards... they will never get a dime from me....its a matter of principle.

Bitter old man..........

I bought into season tickets for the Nationials
Friday evening draft for season tickets with my group. Man our seats are 3 back between 3rd and home. Openner is a big party day but I will miss it.
My Dad called this morning and would like company driving to New Orleans to pick up his camper we took to my uncle a few days after the storm last year. I need to go , he's almost 80 and still thinks he can be a road worrior.

Bitter old man..........

Not bitter about anything...Just can`t fall into the "fake hero worship" thing

I understand the social event of opening day, if thats your thing.

i enjoy plenty of sports mostly college... the world series in Omaha is great,,, bowl games are good March madness is fun too... But why get exited about 160+ baseball games?

Yep give me the games that the amateurs play... I love to see the Cardinals lose.. I have to admit it ... Screw the BIRDWELLS:D

Not bitter about anything...Just can`t fall into the "fake hero worship" thing

I understand the social event of opening day, if thats your thing.

i enjoy plenty of sports mostly college... the world series in Omaha is great,,, bowl games are good March madness is fun too... But why get exited about 160+ baseball games?

Yep give me the games that the amateurs play... I love to see the Cardinals lose.. I have to admit it ... Screw the BIRDWELLS:D

Like I said, bitter..........

You know,, I thought that I wouldn't like baseball until my shop was invited to Safeco Field by Johnson Controls to check out the way the place works and all..That is one hell of a ballpark..The way the roof opens and closes, the lighting, all the cool stuff..The place was built with the fan in mind..Not a bad set in the house..You can see the game from damn near any place you sit( except in the pooper)...

Plus when I take my wife to a game she gets all excited :D Its like me openning day of hunting season hump

By the way,,WHAT IN THE HELL IS A YANKIE:mad:

Hunterman(Tony)

Red Sox have a 100+ win season, win the season series over the Yankee's, go to the World Series against the Cubs and win in 7. A perfect season!

The BlowSux are circling the drain before opening day. Playoffs..maybe but they will be hard pressed to compete with Toronto & Oakland for the wildcard.

Yankees Win....need I say more!

Nope...good call.

You AZ D-Backs fans have Gibbie as a bench coach this year. He alone will be good for 10 wins by simply scaring the players into running out bloopers. That will be great. Like others have said though, your pitching will be suspect in a pretty tough division.

I never thought I would say this, but I hope Barroid Bonds goes down chasing a fly ball in spring training. No way he should be breaking Aaron's record.

Hunterman - You are 100% correct about Safeco Field. What a great stadium. Nothing will ever compare to me planting my ass in Yankee Stadium during a 1-0 Yankee win last summer, but if I could design my own stadium, Safeco would be the perfect place to start.

Caribou Gear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colt97
Back