Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

A new addition......

iminrut

Hi guys......after three beautiful daughters, my wife and I added a young man to the family this last Tuesday 2/22/05...

Chance Tobias Olson was born at 2:18pm, weighed 6lb-14oz and was 20.25" long.....

He was born so quickly that he ended up wtih some fluid in his lungs and a slight "cold-like" virus which was probably transferred from his mommy while in the womb........he will be in NeoNatal on antibiotics for 10 days to insure that he is clear of any stumbling blocks.......he was doing much better today, pulling his feeding tube out....pulling his air tube off and also pushing other misc equipment out of his way.........he's a tough little sucker, but shout some prayers out his way if you got time.......

I'm home giving my mom a break from baby sitting for the night, but will be heading back up to be with momma and the baby tomorrow afternoon......................I'll keep you all posted....Clay

UPDATE
I hopped online quick, as my oldest girl was getting ready for kindergarden.......momma called last night, and they said Chance was digesting the full 5cc's of breast milk now(Was only 1 cc yesterday)....which means he's absorbing more oxygen into his system, which means his lungs are starting to clear up..........I think once momma can start nursing him and we can get rid of that feeding tube, we're gonna see a quick recovery... :)

WTG, We also have 3 girls and a boy. He will never have to worry about kids picking on him, those girls will whoop anyones butt if they try. Now they will make sure he understands his place in the pecking order. Best Wishes! John

I-rut...a hearty congratulations to you and your family!
Here's to a quick recovery and that your newest addition
will be home with the entire family in no time at all!!

HuntTalk cigars all around!!!!! :) :) :) :)

Welcome to little Chance. I love that name! Big congrats to you rut.

CONGRATS! I have a little grandson to spoil and turn into a hunter and fisherman. Good to have another hunter with us.

congrats RUT onl ittle guy i pray for em and rest of yas congrats too hope best for u all :D

Congrats Rut on the new addition. It's also good to hear that everyone is doing fine and recovering well. Like ringer said, it's good to have another new hunter among us!

Thanks for all the wonderful comments guys....it means a lot.

Chance is doing really well today...my wife got to nurse him for the first time, and he is taking in and digesting more than they could feed him by tube.....should be in his camo sleeper any day now ;)

Here's some pics in the meantime.....
A Hunt-Talk Thumbs Up...... :D
17390Thumbs-Up-med.JPG

Good ol' dad with his first opportunity to hold Chance since birth... :)
17390Chance_and_Dad-med.JPG

A closeup of one handsome dude..... ;)
17390Chance-med.JPG

:) :) :)

Congrats again Irut and thanks for sharing the pics...glad to see you didn't take them with your trail cam LOL!

Back