Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

A little humour for your day

A sad but true statement about our world today and the people in it. Whining about being burned out from calculus at 18. One can only wonder what's next.
@BrentD was thinking about another about giving everyone ADHD meds because they couldn't focus for 15 hours straight at age 16 on esoteric math... but seemed a bridge too far...
I doubt I've ever spent more than an hour on a math topic (if you think it is "esoteric", what can I hope to explain to you?). Certainly expecting people to understand anything today is out of line. Is it any wonder that people make the decisions they do?

But hey, if a witty cartoon works for you, whatever. Sometimes. I'm glad I'm old.

A sad but true statement about our world today and the people in it.
It is...

Whining about being burned out from calculus at 18. One can only wonder what's next.
Not whining just a commentary on facts, whining would be saying "I don't want to this because it's hard" commentary, is "hey highschool/college has becoming an increasingly egregious pressure cooker that is destroying talent, we are now all experiencing the result"

Personally the hardest I ever worked in my life was 16-22.. took me about 10 years to enjoy a lot of academia again. 🤷‍♂️

We as generations, had wildly different experiences.

As a millennial I find it very interesting that while my generation is kinda known for being anxious people pleasers the pressure has been so much greater on gen Z they are basically saying F-it right out of the gate at 23.

I think fundamentally you and I completely agree about the intrinsic value learning, and these subjects... but what I'm saying is that rather than inculcating a generation to love learning, we systemically burnt out a crap load of people.

Calculus is just a metaphor for all of it.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back