A Day Late.

tarheel

I know this no big deal to a lot of you, but I woke up this morning with the entire State of North Carolina covered in snow. We usually get spotty snows or crescent shaped strips where the highs and lows run together, but to have a 500+ mile long state get completely covered is a real event, especially at Christmas time.

Pictures... :) Sounds like a fine finish to a Christmas... A day late - enable a bit better travel conditions for Christmas eve - day? Maybe a blessing in disguise.
I was there for a short spell back in 2001 or so - had a heavy snow hit in Moore County (Pinehurst area). Was a nice releif from the usual humidity...

I`m right with ya Tarheel. Hardly get a good snow, let alone on Christmas. They say that this was the first Christmas snow we got in the Charlotte area since `47.

I`m right with ya Tarheel. Hardly get a good snow, let alone on Christmas. They say that this was the first Christmas snow we got in the Charlotte area since `47.

Yep, this is pretty early for snow; we usually get more in early March than any other month. I moved back here from Denver in '76 and had just bought a new '78 large Bronco with positraction, dual block heaters, rear tire carrier, black trim with no chrome; I'm talking a real hunting rig with intentions of going back out west in a few years, and three months later we got 14" which paralyzed this area due to the lack of infrastructure to handle it. I spent two days hauling hospital workers home and to work through each 24 hour period. Didn't get much sleep there for a while.

Sytes, didn;t take any pics; just imagine everything under a 4-12 inch layer of white. Sorry, best I could do.

My aunt in Fuquay was telling us she got a nice white Christmas.

Yep, eastern and western parts got much more than we did here, but no worries; supposed to be 70 down near the SE corner Friday, Time to take my 83 yr old uncle float hunting the river to jump some woodies. With some luck there'll be some mallards pushed down from the Chesapeake.

Speaking of Snow......

This is what our shack looked like in Oregon when we got there on Saturday. Came back last night due to a storm that is supposed to come through tonight.

December2010Cabin.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
htcooke
Back