Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

A couple ugly rough guys go hunting

schmalts

I am sure MtMiller will add more photos to this. We had a fun High country Muzz hunt last week, weather was great (a little warm in fact) and all went fairly smooth except for the side view mirror on Craig's truck :D
I ended up taking the second biggest deer I has seen in our unit. Craig seen a couple much bigger but never got the opportunity on them that worked out.
I wanted a full velvet deer real bad and this one filled the bill. Craig ranged him @175 yards and he was down on the first shot, but kept trying to get up so I shot again and that was not a good idea :rolleyes: He was perfect until his long tumble down the hill messed things up on a couple tines. It was a 5 hour pack out, and yes it sucked for this old guy but I got it done. Had a great time, hope to return some day to Colorado with the muzzle loader.

Attachments

• buck sized.jpg
    buck sized.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 950
  • DSC_7256sized.jpg
    DSC_7256sized.jpg
    202.3 KB · Views: 962
  • DSC_7593sized.jpg
    DSC_7593sized.jpg
    139.7 KB · Views: 989
A couple more pictures. Me and GunR showing what it is like when you spike out in a real light camp, The more comfy hammock camp as well

Attachments

• doesized.jpg
    doesized.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 943
  • hammocksized.jpg
    hammocksized.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 938
  • dogandmesized.jpg
    dogandmesized.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 936
I'm not sure why you are both smiling in that pic and I do not want to know.

Miller took a good hero shot of you. Jose C.........................look at the hat!!!!!!!!!

Nicely done!!! Looks like a good time. Can't wait to see the pics that MtMiller will add...

Cool photos. Looks like beautiful country to spend some time in. Congrats on the mostly velvet covered buck too.

What I'm wondering is why I see Millers arm around GunR under the tarp but I only see Schmalts' and GunR's faces? ? ? ?

Seriously? A tarp?

Yes... It was a short term camp and I wanted to go as light as possible for that one.
A good sleeping pad and something to keep you dry is all that is needed. I much prefer the Jungle Hammock though for comfort

It was a grea hunt. Country was as good as it gets and the weather couldn't have been better. No deer to bring home and a couple NV hunters that had me scratching my head, but overall 2 thumbs up. I saw a buck that I would usually pull the trigger on, but the one I saw a couple days before the season kept me on the straight and narrow. I was blessed to be able to see and hunt this country. Hopefully I have a chance to do it again.

Would love to share more pics, but this wasn't my spot and respect the person that shared it with me. Trust me, everyone should pull the trigger on a high country CO hunt. You won't be disappointed.

Good times.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dotun77
Back