6.5 prc for youth ( looking for recommendations )

Kernhydro

My 11-year-old daughter drew a elk tag for a Wyoming. I would like to buy her a 6.5 PRC rifle, if money was no object I would probably get her a red rock... i’m looking for an alternative, Something balanced and ported that is not 9-10,000 dollars... Preferably a rifle less than $2000...
I want something that has minimal kick for that round..

6.5 creedmoor in this savage is about $500 and a good match for a youth, 6.25 lbs unscoped. I have 2 in other models and they handle and shoot very well. Just a thought.

Precision, performance and price have never come together like this. Savage® rebuilt the synthetic stock on the AXIS II Compact for improved ergonomics that let smaller-framed hunters shoot their very best. Like always, the rifle’s user-adjustable AccuTrigger™, thread-in headspacing and floating bolt head extract the utmost accuracy from the button rifled sporter barrel for the performance of high-end hunting rifles at a fraction of the price.

Nielson Custom Rifles can build one on a tikka very reasonable,, get a 7mag tikka, sent it to him, let him barrel it and a small brake, leave it in the factory stock,,,,, get to filling up the ark,,,

There are several production rifles that I'm sure would be good rifles, but if you need a more compact rifle to fit your daughter that might be more difficult to find in 6.5 PRC. Christensen and Browning both make models in that caliber and price range with factory brakes.

There are several production rifles that I'm sure would be good rifles, but if you need a more compact rifle to fit your daughter that might be more difficult to find in 6.5 PRC. Christensen and Browning both make models in that caliber and price range with factory brakes.

Hopefully not derailing this thread, do you know what action length the current factory rifles come with?

My 11-year-old daughter drew a elk tag for a Wyoming. I would like to buy her a 6.5 PRC rifle, if money was no object I would probably get her a red rock... i’m looking for an alternative, Something balanced and ported that is not 9-10,000 dollars... Preferably a rifle less than $2000...
I purchased a
Browning A-Bolt III Western Hunter 6.5 Creedmoor Bolt-Action Rifle with Realtree Max 1-XT Composite Stock
last year and mounted a Leopold 4.5x14 on it absolutely no recoil to speak of out of the box 3 shot groups under an inch at 200 yards

I got my daughter and wife a 6.5x.284 Savage model 116 w a Vortex Viper, 6.5-20x50mm whole rig was about $1700.
Matt

Look at Christensen arms mesa. 6.5 lbs triggertech trigger, muzzle brake. Mines shooting .5moa all day with factory loads. $1300 area

Back