6.5 cm hate?

• Thread starter Deleted member 38069
  • Start date
You guys know that the magic isn't is the "6.5" part of the name it's all in "Creedmoor", right? As long as it's a "Creedmoor" it can do anything.
For example the 6mm Creedmoor makes the 243win look like an ancient pile of dung. šŸ˜œ

Fun thread! Merry Christmas!

Iā€™m thinking about taking a 6.5 Creedmoor and necking it up to 30 cal. Itā€™ll be able to take the really heavy stuff that way. Iā€™ll call it the 7.62 Creedmoor, cuz it has to have the metric affiliations for the culture.

Then I could get really crazy and neck a 6.5 Creedmoor to .284 caliber... 7 Creedmoor. Can you imagine the magical ballistics from that thing? We could even call it the 7 Hunt Bro, or something like that.

Iā€™m thinking about taking a 6.5 Creedmoor and necking it up to 30 cal. Itā€™ll be able to take the really heavy stuff that way. Iā€™ll call it the 7.62 Creedmoor, cuz it has to have the metric affiliations for the culture.

Then I could get really crazy and neck a 6.5 Creedmoor to .284 caliber... 7 Creedmoor. Can you imagine the magical ballistics from that thing? We could even call it the 7 Hunt Bro, or something like that.
Introducing the 7.2 Channing.....
1608754650993.png

I'm embarrassed to admit it, but I've surrendered to the sirens. I know it's a bastard child, but I promise to feed it, just as if it was a classic cartridge
aIl3i18FVesL2Prs5Pp9AjNlqcRuUwdkORkwqyabacTT6VBPqIl2xrAAoYHVmiHG15Cj9SemxAWzzBoJ9_P6z7eAsb_5NGURLFx_fsIJwOhSw6lIg9ZIMFZUC0447iFlrxepW-ttY7gBVSAznm-gklU2Yfn2tlhmbImUTVLSBn-SMIAxHYHCgUJAHYxWJtoKgkmrLZMBtjgVJZJm1xehNbjBgDAzP7249i7TJ7UbMlYZLFAB8IbWCCvLtll9TbE1m6MolJqzTFO-dwjVR6dO4EqDaulhOEWMR41AIUVA2HYj_kJtt3AhTRmKXTEYqsnrpyMdB-N-urFXsClBztPrjs2S-Yv2Ut396nhjZ8A1lALjUsN_eyaufWfGiw0WQN1NpUun75zj7sShSOBpOEuJCLVgPI06bxZTgN2mMlnIGshaA05W7DSAegCd90z5y7fzjDHLO056n8vMKQqG1d65wDLCMJg01tV1sv1u8wSk5oHSgML9ZfDUtna_oQWQ3u8CKugD_bpG2Pv4lq0zxbIC2EmwlCPQKvDk2fX0aXhyVRRRb6vaaShhIg9blXebrKsVjjOoK2bTO0c83eOZcCaTVZ-p6JhL73fb6SO48OtYPsZcpSsT9sw9O0a9c4L4WDrJX0EqD5IvxvOnsdOoKzV-z-qT5Bz1Tlvj02jqWx38g1bONJ-dfu_mQ94sQY76VA=w366-h649-no
2F1742CF-09F6-4764-BC57-54B5420BF7F7.jpeg

Last edited:
So far I've been pleased with the 6.5 CM. Accurate and as good on deer and pigs as my .308 Win but with less recoil.

Attachments

• Bent Creek - Deer 02.jpg
    Bent Creek - Deer 02.jpg
    351.7 KB · Views: 1
I haven't had a haircut since early March. I'm starting to worry that I'm going to throw all my .45-70s in the trash heap and run off with a 6.5 C. Does this happen? Am I at risk?
I couldn't say about that. About every 2weeks I use electric clippers on my head with a #2 attachment. Just hang my head over a tarp and get it done, cutting what little hair I have left. Saves a lot of time and money on haircuts.

in a way, that's how I view using the 6.5 CM on deer and pigs. It gets the job done with out of the box accuracy. No worries, no fuss.

Last edited:
My favorite (and only) son in law has a DPMS LR Panther 6.5 CM with a Schmalts LR 6.5x20xHubble VX3i Long Range etched SF. Thing will bunch the bull with loads or factory...and you can see it happen with the weight and AR action. 24ā€ bull bbl...fun as hell to shoot.

Details, please!
Since Iā€™m a m70 guy, I was looking for a Swede to fill my 6.5 fix. I lost a couple bidding on gunbroker and started looking for new stuff. Itā€™s a Winchester Model 70 ā€œextreme tungstenā€. 2020 shot show special. Right now itā€™s wearing a Pentax scope that was in the safe. Was planning on vx3, but there is some limbo. I figure Iā€™ll see what shakes out, and figure it out early spring. In the meantime, Iā€™ll get it broken in, and see what it can do.

Since Iā€™m a m70 guy, I was looking for a Swede to fill my 6.5 fix. I lost a couple bidding on gunbroker and started looking for new stuff. Itā€™s a Winchester Model 70 ā€œextreme tungstenā€. 2020 shot show special. Right now itā€™s wearing a Pentax scope that was in the safe. Was planning on vx3, but there is some limbo. I figure Iā€™ll see what shakes out, and figure it out early spring. In the meantime, Iā€™ll get it broken in, and see what it can do.
I like it, it looks great! Winchester makes some nice rifles.

I had sold my gifted 30.06 Remington pump rifle not being a huge fan of the action, and also flinching at times on the hotter loads.

I wanted an inexpensive, simple, low recoil, accurate rifle with easy-to-find factory ammo, for western hunting 300 yards and in. Did lots of research and settled on Savage Axis II in 6.5 CM for my one and only high-power rifle (2nd choice was 270). Started w/ Hornady 143 ELD-X and got lucky w/ approx 1 to 1.5 MOA depending on wind conditions, so didnā€™t bother to try other loads.

My experience so far is having a gun that is a pleasure to shoot w/ limited recoil, and I have confidence to hit what I am aiming at. The 2 antelope that I hit once each this fall are good and dead, now in my freezer. Iā€™m happy with my purchase.

Someday Iā€™d like to expand my arsenal w/ something a little heavier for elk, maybe .308, and possibly a 45-70 for moose.

I pretty much tune out the ā€œhateā€ and the ā€œhype.ā€ I did sport an actual manbun in 2003 long before it was ā€œinā€ šŸ˜†šŸ˜†

You guys know that the magic isn't is the "6.5" part of the name it's all in "Creedmoor", right? As long as it's a "Creedmoor" it can do anything.
For example the 6mm Creedmoor makes the 243win look like an ancient pile of dung. šŸ˜œ

Fun thread! Merry Christmas!
Yep.

I keep waiting for someone to come up with "Creedmore Outdoors" the show.

It's still just the v-6 mustang of the hunting world. Best for those with weak wrists who can't handle the long action of the 6.5 -.284 and shoulder can't handle the recoil of a mans gun. The best part is they also make a great rifle for your daughter, girlfriend, or wife. It's like getting a thong you can both wear.

I pretty much tune out the ā€œhateā€ and the ā€œhype.ā€ I did sport an actual manbun in 2003 long before it was ā€œinā€ šŸ˜†šŸ˜†
I can never get it to work with a ball cap, and it always either comes loose or is so tight it gives me a headache.

I just always run it down.

Back