5G

MTGomer

It was supposed to do a bunch of crazy, conspiratorial shit, but for me and everybody I know in my area, it just made our cell phones work less good. What about you? Has it been a downgrade or an upgrade?

My wife’s phone is 5g capable, mine is not. We don’t have it where we live so only good comp is when traveling. They both seem to work comparably to one another, at least where we’ve been.

A friend of ours was worried that her kids brains would fry because her neighbor had 5g phones. I didn’t have the heart to tell her that her Wi-Fi has been spitting out a 5g signal all along…

I get 1-2 bars of service at my house and I can see cell towers. Shot an elk last September at 12,000ft while on 5g cell coverage and providing semi-live updates to a few hunttalk members. But I don’t think it was any faster than my 1-2 bars at home.

I hate 5G. When my phone is showing 5G, I'm screwed... no internet, sometimes won't send texts, calls that never ring through.

My office is literally in the heart of our town and two blocks from the AT&T store and I still don't get signal sometimes.

I went into the AT&T store and complained and the guy was like, "We just sell phones here, we don't actually have an antenna in the back." His tone was super condescending.

I said, "I know you don't have an antenna in the back. But AT&T picked this location because it's one of the busiest corners in town and I can't make calls in your own parking lot. You have a problem." 😠

He said they were working on it, but that was probably just to get me to leave.

Most of the US 5G coverage isn’t much faster than 4G-LTE because it’s the lower speed frequency that has similar range and ability to go through obstacles like LTE. The high-band mmWave spectrum, is the stuff that could fry your brain but isn’t widely deployed because it only travels a few hundred yards to get max speed. Very limited to some high density cities and sporting stadiums.

Crazy lady down the road from me that lives in a camp trailer with 300 cats is totally sold on the conspiracy and I work at cell tower sites she is very concerned for me. It's bad enough that if I see her truck at our country market I go back home cause I don't want to see her crazy ass.

I have same issue as wllm usually restart my phone.

It was supposed to do a bunch of crazy, conspiratorial shit, but for me and everybody I know in my area, it just made our cell phones work less good. What about you? Has it been a downgrade or an upgrade?
Yup less good.
My internet is slower and its kinda slow on connecting calls.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
htcooke
Back