From a friend... this is apparently what the commission is leaning towards as of a week ago... SEND IN YOUR SURVEYS
- Deer and Elk Early Seasons West of I-25 and GMU 140- Alternative 1, with season dates for deer and elk archery being September 2-30th annually. OTC either-sex archery elk licenses could be specified as bull-only licenses and limited cow geographically when necessary to to meet management objectives. Muzzleloader and archery seasons would continue to overlap.
- Deer and Elk Rifle Seasons West of I-25 and GMU 140- Alternative 3, with modifications as proposed by Commissioner Bray making the 2nd and 3rd seasons both 7 days with a 10-day break in between and no early bull season. 2020 dates under this proposal would be 10/10-10/14, 10/21-10/27, 11/7-11/13, and 11/18-11/22 (calendar comparison attached as well).
- Plains Rifle Deer- Status quo, no change. Secondary alternative would be to move the season a week earlier.
- Moose- Season choice for bull moose licenses. Move cow rifle season to overlap with 1-4th regular rifle seasons.
- Bear- Split the September rifle bear season into two seasons, reduce the price for resident and youth bear licenses, and create add-on bear licenses (unlimited quota) for deer and elk licensed hunters wishing to hunt bears in the other bear seasons (archery, muzzleloader, concurrent rifle, and plains) in DAUs managed to reduce/suppress bears.
- Pronghorn- add a weekend to the end of the existing pronghorn rifle season, making it a 9-day season. Expand the extended youth doe pronghorn season statewide and extend the latest closing date for the late doe pronghorn season to January 31st.
- Propose this a 7-year season structure covering the time period of 2020-2026.