5 things on your bucket list

Addicting

The other thread @Gunner46 started had my family talking and it turned into bucket list items.

Here we go.

1. Watch both my kids marry someone with the same type of love I have with my spouse.

2. Be physically able to enjoy grandchildren.

3. Family trip to Fiji.

4 . Complete Alaska experience, moose, fishing, Denali, gold prospecting.

5. Tour Europe with my wife and see the places she grew up.

Mine is long, and some of them are dumb little things that I just don’t get around to. But the big ones:

1. Hunt mountain caribou

2. Hunt any species Sheep

3. Do an Amazon birding trip. Europe told me I would love it. Had been looking into a trip on the Peruvian Amazon, but that seems kind of out of the question right now.

4. Find a glass float. I’ve wanted to find one since I was a kid.

5. Learn to roast coffee. I am a caffeine addict.

1: Take my dad back to Fairbanks, AK to see it now since he was stationed there in the Army when he got back from Viet Nam

2: Move back East to be with my family and help them through their health issues

3: Try and put off knee and shoulder surgery

4: Lose another 50 pounds

5: Shoot a bull elk before I move back East

Great thread, Tony!!

Great thread

1. When I retire someday I want to take off and chase the waterfowl migration from Canada to Mexico. (Still trying to figure out how I'm going to get a boat into a toy hauler but I got time)

2. Same as @Addicting #2

3. Share hunting camp with all three boys when they are of age. (This one is probably the most realistic yet the one I look forward to the most)

4. Travel some with my wife someday.

5. Hunt elk in the Gila

I edited #5.

Last edited:
1. Teach my boys all the finer things in life, like fried fresh rainbows out of Hart Lake and out of the cast iron pan at Trapper's Cabin. Bonus dream to shoot an elk someday and let those two pack it out.

2. Take my wife to Scotland, Greece, and anywhere else she decides she want's to go. She deserves that.

3. Take the family on a AK fishing trip.

4. See my boys grow into men - bonus kicker grandkids.

5. Clearwater Mountain Goat hunt, don't care if the tag is in my pocket or not. I just love that country. Very well could be a pipe dream with the current population trends.

1. Retire by the time I’m 60 and be healthy enough to enjoy it. If I keep damaging my meat suit that’s gonna be a problem.
2. Kill a bull elk with a bow while hunting with my brother. Started building up Wyoming points but that’s a long term investment it’s looking like.
3. See my youngest daughter find a good man and get married. I want her to be as happy as her sister.
4. Visit Alaska and hopefully be there on a moose hunt.
5. Die before my wife or girls, hopefully in my 80’s at least and still be of sound mind when I do.
I have a few more but these are the most important today. After being in two accidents that almost killed me in the last five years I’ve learned priorities can change quickly. So the only ones set in stone are 3 and 5!

My outdoor bucket has been mostly emptied. Here's the few things I continue to focus on.
  1. Finish fixing up Mrs. Fin's fish camp she bought
  2. Hunt the Yukon
  3. Hunt the Mackenzie Mountains
  4. Hunt the Brooks Range
  5. Retrace the path of as many antelope hunts as possible before I take up residence on Boot Hill.

1. The youngest graduates this spring from PSU with a 3.8 in finance, the other has been in accountingfor a couple years now. I want to see both boys make a home and a family.
2. Retire by 62 with my wife with enough health and finances to continue our love of travel.
Anything else just seems like it would be nice kinda stuff.
3. Get some western elk hunts done, hopefully 1st one this year. Been out the last 5 years for deer and antelope.
4. Land a marlin, have had a couple on, but never to the boat.
5. Travel to all 50 states. Been to 34 so far

1. Retire in 2701 days and spend the summer with my wife on a road trip from home in MI to Prudhoe Bay & back.
2. Make Hawaii the 50th state I've been to by taking a vacation with my wife (currently been to 45)
3. Hunt as many upland birds in North America with my dogs as possible
4. Catch a 50" northern pike on a fly-in fishing trip to Saskatchewan/Northwest Territories.
5. Shoot a bull elk in Michigan

1. Moose.
2. Elk.
3. Go back to Alaska with our youngest daughter to show her the sights.
4. Have some kind of nice muscle car to terrorize the tuners with.
5. Have a slice or two of pie with Hank.

Don't think any of these will ever happen now. I've done some fun things, and seen lots of different places in my lifetime. I guess I'm good.

1. Moose.
2. Elk.
3. Go back to Alaska with our youngest daughter to show her the sights.
4. Have some kind of nice muscle car to terrorize the tuners with.
5. Have a slice or two of pie with Hank.

Don't think any of these will ever happen now. I've done some fun things, and seen lots of different places in my lifetime. I guess I'm good.
Never say never.

In no particular order.

1. Hunt Alaska moose and caribou.
2. Take my wife to New Zealand/add a Tahr hunt.
3. Become totally debt free.
4. Have all my kids leave home and be responsible adults that contribute to society.
5. Spend time every year hunting and fishing in MT with my kids and friends.

1) Maintain marriage til death do me part.. it’s been 10 years in May we’ve been together.

2) See my children graduate HS, have children of their own, and I look forward to seeing their career paths.

3) Shoot my first bull elk without paying anyone for access or an outfitter. I pray it’s a good’n but I ain’t picky at this point. 😏

4) Hunt either CAN or AK- for moose, caribou and/or Grizzly.

5) Own some land I can harvest my own game (no exclusions) on at some point in my life.

Hard to narrow it down to 5. I have to put my wife and children’s health and fortune before my own every time. That said, I feel my bucket is very full at this point in my life. Many things to be hopeful for in the future. Good thread! Made me think.

In honest conversation with myself, I do not have bucket list. I can’t even think of one “thing” I feel I need to do before I die. I have things I hope to do this year, and maybe next year, but really don’t dream beyond that. On one hand I wonder if the inability to proclaim big goals is a function of a fear of failing at them, on another hand I just think some folks don’t dream big, and on a third hand, I worry that asking for more is tempting fate.

I know bucket lists aren’t written in stone,but it would be interesting to know if folks’ lists change over time and how much. What did your list look like 20 years ago vs now? Desires are an extension of identity, and to me, no one described identity better than Norman Maclean.

“The problem of self-identity, is not just a problem for the young. It is a problem all the time. Perhaps the problem. It should haunt old age, and when it no longer does it should tell you that you are dead.”

If I can continue to take things as they come, to let my interests change and guide me as they have so far, then some translation of a bucket list would be to “Be grateful for my luck and keep doing what I have done but hopefully better.” My interests and desires seem to be born and die like seasons. @Gerald Martin hits what is perhaps the only nail when he says, “Have all my kids leave home and be responsible adults that contribute to society.”

Maybe lame, but I really struggle to come up with a list.

In honest conversation with myself, I do not have bucket list. I can’t even think of one “thing” I feel I need to do before I die. I have things I hope to do this year, and maybe next year, but really don’t dream beyond that. On one hand I wonder if the inability to proclaim big goals is a function of a fear of failing at them, on another hand I just think some folks don’t dream big, and on a third hand, I worry that asking for more is tempting fate.

I know bucket lists aren’t written in stone,but it would be interesting to know if folks’ lists change over time and how much. What did your list look like 20 years ago vs now? Desires are an extension of identity, and to me, no one described identity better than Norman Maclean.

“The problem of self-identity, is not just a problem for the young. It is a problem all the time. Perhaps the problem. It should haunt old age, and when it no longer does it should tell you that you are dead.”

If I can continue to take things as they come, to let my interests change and guide me as they have so far, then some translation of a bucket list would be to “Be grateful for my luck and keep doing what I have done but hopefully better.” My interests and desires seem to be born and die like seasons. @Gerald Martin hits what is perhaps the only nail when he says, “Have all my kids leave home and be responsible adults that contribute to society.”

Maybe lame, but I really struggle to come up with a list.
You're not alone I can't even imagine a bucket list. I've never been goal oriented I guess, just take life as it comes.

When I was younger I had big plans and dreams of grand hunts to go on. Now I've been on a few and its the early simple ones that catch my mind to take me back.
I think my bucket list may get closer to home and family as I go.
Don't get me wrong this year when I cash in my 10 NR sheep points in UT I'll be stoked.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back