Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

5 things about you.

Gunner46

I was challenged to this by a long, Long term friend.
List 5 things you have done that your friends have probably not.
1) Flown a plane (Uncle Henry)
2) Published author in an international magazine
3) Jumped out of a Helicopter
4) Won medals in my States Olympics Games
5) Set a state Big Game record (not in the games)

1. Hitchhiked through Australia and New Zealand for 6 months a long time ago.
2. Sailed a 35‘ sloop from Fiji to Australia, ~1700 miles of open ocean.
3. Survived when the Cessna I was riding in didn’t make it into the air for long after takeoff.
4. Helped breed, propagate, and patent 17 different pinto and black bean varieties. If you eat pinto beans more than likely some of them were mine.
5. Rode a bunch of different buses to get from El Paso to Guatemala City and back through Belize solo. I didn’t start out with Spanish speaking ability, a map, or a Spanish dictionary. There was a coup in Guatemala when I was there and at multiple checkpoints they ( Federales or Guerrillas, I couldn’t figure out who was who) searched through my pack while holding automatic weapons. The last ones came on the bus with a single shot shotgun and a rusty grenade and just looked at ID’s.

1. US junior snowboard team for border cross in high school
2. Modeled “ski gear” as a kid
238A2B9A-6F72-4B69-9448-9D5092BA5740.jpeg
3. I have taken a backflip out of a tree during a removal and caught myself before hitting the ground.
4. Had my belay person let go of the rope on a rock climbing descent and didn’t suffer a major injury. (Tuck and roll)
5. Built zip line courses before getting into tree work.

1. I have driven every Toyota pickup or SUV model ever sold in the US.
  2. Cut a Christmas tree from a landscaping planter in front of the main hall on a University campus.
  3. I have sank the same boat 4 times. All with different methods. All unintentionally.
  4. All-American athlete my senior year in the absolute most obscure track and field event ever.
  5. I have maintained a piece of paper in my wallet with the date and time of every instance my wife as admitted she was wrong and I was right, and survived.

#1) Been in the hunting industry one way or another since 1988 (employee, shop owner, territorial sales rep) (35 years)
#2) Family moved 30+ times in my life (no military family)(retail sucks)
#3) Worked on a dairy farm at age 10
#4) Had my own business at age 12
#5) Been married to my lovely wife for 30 years next month.

1. Hitchhiked through Australia and New Zealand for 6 months a long time ago.
2. Sailed a 35‘ sloop from Fiji to Australia, ~1700 miles of open ocean.
3. Survived when the Cessna I was riding in didn’t make it into the air for long after takeoff.
4. Helped breed, propagate, and patent 17 different pinto and black bean varieties. If you eat pinto beans more than likely some of them were mine.
5. Rode a bunch of different buses to get from El Paso to Guatemala City and back through Belize solo. I didn’t start out with Spanish speaking ability, a map, or a Spanish dictionary. There was a coup in Guatemala when I was there and at multiple checkpoints they ( Federales or Guerrillas, I couldn’t figure out who was who) searched through my pack while holding automatic weapons. The last ones came on the bus with a single shot shotgun and a rusty grenade and just looked at ID’s.
#1 might be interesting but I'll definitely take a pass on the rest. Glad you survived!

1) Modelled in a Full page Bank of America Ad
2) Killed a record book Tule Elk with my bow.
3) Survived a Horse falling over backwards on me
4) Finished two 50 km ultra marathons
5) Met Randy Newberg, and Oak and lived to tell about it..

1674252633197.png

Flew on the Concord to and from Paris
Got kissed by Tammy Wynet..and lived
First one in my family to graduate from college
Made VP of marketing at age 29 for a very large and old heavy equipment dealer
Hunted in all western states, Alaska, Canada and Africa
Retired at age 59 from my own company
Been married to most wonderful person in the world for 60 years
Broke my back in four places playing high school football

Last edited:
GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts