Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

$49.44

Ya'll need to shop at WinCo, it ain't bad unless you are buying garbage.
WinCos are pretty good. Gotta drive nearly 2 hrs to the nearest one so that negates all savings unless I can make a trip of it.

Last week, 2 coworkers were in town for a summer planning session. We got dinner and I had a burger with 2 beers and made the mistake of getting a round for them...$45 before a tip. I start work travel next week so it's time to pocket my per diem to pay for a beer

Honestly, our local Winco (Helena) isn't bad, just normal folks. If I wanted viewing I would go to Walmart, but I never go to Walmart.
Mines just a strange place. I’m not sure where most of the people I see there even come from. I’d bet I see someone arguing with a cashier about 50% of the time I go there due to card/balance issues

You all should get the “pleasure” of shopping at our local grocery store. It’s cheaper for us to make a 160 mile round trip to buy groceries than it is to shop local.
I know Baker's IGA is brutal. I lived in Ekalaka for a summer. I drove to Miles City or Rapid City and still managed to break even and that was 20 years ago. Baker was the first place I saw $2.00 gas.

WinCos are pretty good. Gotta drive nearly 2 hrs to the nearest one so that negates all savings unless I can make a trip of it.

Last week, 2 coworkers were in town for a summer planning session. We got dinner and I had a burger with 2 beers and made the mistake of getting a round for them...$45 before a tip. I start work travel next week so it's time to pocket my per diem to pay for a beer
Yea, 5-6$ a beer can go pound sand. I'll drink Costco Miller lattes or Buckskin's at 0.75$ a can instead (home). The thing I have really seen is restaurant food increase. I hated eating out before, now I truly despise it. I would say 80-90% of the time I can make it the same quality or better at a small fraction of the cost. And yet, the GF still likes to eat there.....no

Thank goodness for the commissary. We can fill up a cart for what a couple bags would cost at Walmart.

All that free covid money and pork spending sucks to pay back. But hey, San Fran had their debt pretty much cleared out for a while for old Nancy. There is a lot of people that are getting a crash course that you can't print money and not have inflation. Just isn't possible.

All that free covid money and pork spending sucks to pay back. But hey, San Fran had their debt pretty much cleared out for a while for old Nancy. There is a lot of people that are getting a crash course that you can't print money and not have inflation. Just isn't possible.
I'd say record profits via increased prices that exceeded inflation rates by the 3 corporations that own just about every food company in the US had a big role in that.

GOHUNT Insider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTOG
Back