48 Years of Memories...

MT_elk

What an amazing collection of animals! You should write a book on all of your experiences and hunts! :)

TheGrayRider

Very impressive. Thanks for sharing. I love the pedestals and the red carpet in your trophy room. Your collection offers me continued motivation. Best regards, TheGrayRider.

buffybr

Thanks for posting! Did you hunt fallow and tahr in New Zealand?
Yes I actually hunted 5 species of game animals in New Zealand including Red Stag, Fallow, Tahr, Chamois, and an Arapawa ram. I'm still waiting for my taxidermist to do my Arapawa ram, and here are some close-ups of the others.

buffybr

A another update to my Trophy Room is that I shot my Mountain Goat over 40 years ago, and back then I didn't have space for a full mount of him so even though my taxidermist wanted to do a full mount of him so bad that he offered to reduce the cost of a full mount by over 30%, I had him only do a half mount. I have regretted that decision ever since. I was also not fully satisfied with the rock that the taxidermist made for my goat to stand on, so a few weeks ago I ordered a rock and some other supplies from McKenzie Taxidermy Supply, and last week I put my goat on a new rock that I like better, even if I did put it together myself.
My goat on it's old rock... ...and on his new rock that I put together with some canned foam, fake snow and icicles...

So along with my 3 Montana Unlimited Unit Rams that makes this my favorite corner in my Trophy Room...

buffybr

Christmas comes in many forms. This year my taxidermist called to tell me that he finished my New Zealand Arapawa ram. While he had it hang on the wall in his shop he said that he had quite a few people come in and ask "What is that thing?"

My girlfriend says that it is my ugliest mount, but I tell her that it is just unique, like a sheep with short dreadlocks.

The best wall space that I could find to hang him was in my Living Room where I had my New Zealand Chamois so I moved the Chamois high on the wall above my big elk in my Trophy Room.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chase0029