Caribou Gear Tarp

$4 Refund from Montana?

BMF11

I was successful in drawing a Big Game Combo, unsuccessful for Elk Permit. In the mail today I received a check for $4 from the FWP refund department. I will probably give them a call Monday to inquire. Anybody else or any ideas?

Not sure if it is the same for residents vs non resident but the $4dollars is the refund amount from the elk permit draw. I believe it’s $9 for resident with a $5 refundable service charge. Or that’s what I think it is meant to be?

Huh, seems odd. I haven’t gotten a refund the last 6 years with the same results in my draws. No big deal I assume, I was nervous getting a refund check before I saw the amount since last I checked I was successful for the combo.

It used to be that the elk permit was $9 to apply for. There was a $5 drawing fee and FWP had a policy of no refunds less than $5 so they kept the extra $4 as well...... Seemed like a convenient policy to me..:rolleyes:

I got my refund for 1034$ for bg combo . Was 1175$ to apply so it costed me 131$ to get turned down . Thanks . Part of that 131$ was my $50 pp and $20 bp tho .

I got my refund for 1034$ for bg combo . Was 1175$ to apply so it costed me 131$ to get turned down . Thanks . Part of that 131$ was my $50 pp and $20 bp tho .

You can go fish, hike, camp and shoot small game tho correct? And you are getting alternate anyway ;)

You can go fish, hike, camp and shoot small game tho correct? And you are getting alternate anyway ;)
I hope your right . I applied for a elk B tag that is a slam dunk draw so either way I’ll be in Montana in November chasing elk . Probably pickup a whitetail otc Doe tag too and possibly a leftover mule b tag

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrGeauxNewMexico
Back