• Thread starter Deleted member 28227
  • Start date
yep just drive on by Iowa. Nothin' there, nothin' at all. :)

Whereabouts in MI?

You know, you will be needing that double barrel sooner than later. Best get to looking fast!

Was meaning to hit you up about that actually, local store has a Parker bros 12 gauge sxs for sale for $800, everything seems nice and tight. Pique your interest or would you pass?

Was meaning to hit you up about that actually, local store has a Parker bros 12 gauge sxs for sale for $800, everything seems nice and tight. Pique your interest or would you pass?

Parkers come in a gazillion configurations. Some are much better and more expensive than others. Parker fans are legion and zelots somewhere someone can tell you much more than I. Certianly they make quality guns, but, a rule, American doubles tend to be heavy and a bit cumbersome for that they are, and currently overpriced in my opinion. I'd look for something German (Merkel or Sauer among others), or English ('cuz they're the best :) ). Some excellent newish to new Spanish guns as well.

You might need two (at least). One for upland, one for lowland. And then probably back ups for each just in case you drop one overboard or drive over it, and well, a few others, just to be safe...

Just come visit and we'll go to Fieldsport & get you a quality double at a good price that fits.

I don't think you should be trusted to do this solo.

I lived in GRR for 4 months before I moved to CO many moons ago. It was springtime, and I spent basically every non-working moment chasing Steelhead. I’m sure things have changed in 25 years but outside of the rapids downtown (which is quite an experience) and a couple other hotspots within an hour of town, I rarely ran into anyone else.

The Hex hatch (big giant mayfly that hatches in the middle of the night) is a pretty unique experience.

Ruffs and woodcock.

Pasties (the ones you eat not wear, you gutter minds) are a regional delight up north.

As a Colorado boy who moved to the Midwest for almost 4 years in his prime…..I’m still not sure why I did that. Did meet some awesome peeps but other than that…..pew, pew,pew. Move west young man.

Back