• Thread starter Deleted member 28227
  • Start date
The drag commenced.

View attachment 203916

For the record this is a dumb way of removing game.

Wish I had Cam there to through it over his shoulder for me...

Maybe there is a utility to crossfit?

Maybe that weird dragging shit "training" does have utility.

I find my reality shaken.

My musing... disturbing.
You are now a Barbarian!! Grow a beard and get a wax!

Great story, and congrats!

That is spectacular @wllm1313 pretty pumped for you.

For the record the butt out tool works exactly like it's supposed to. They are gross and laughable but valuable to have back east.

@ all contributors to the thread......HuntTalk at its finest. Adventure, action, gentle ribbing, inside jokes, lovely photography, geographic education......this thread his it all.

Congratulations @wllm1313 on another stellar story well told.

Congrats on an awesome buck and write up! Curious are you running a rifled slug barrel? Open sights? Scope?
That looks like some fun deer country. I’ve seen a few deer here in CA in the middle of the sand dunes and was completely shocked.

Congratulations! Habitat is beautiful! I remember a couple years ago I took my family to the beach on the west coast for a day trip. Habitat looks similar to yours and I look up this hill and I see a decent 3x3 blacktail skylined on the top with some does feeding around him. Image is burned in my mind. Would love to hunt coastal deer at some point.

@3855WIN for you my friend ;)

View attachment 203922

I loaded up my ridge-runna into my truck, in route to the check station I was waylaid by every hunter on the road, who asked me to pull over to see my deer. (3 times)

Definitely not something I'm used to but acutally a cool part of the experience.

Check station was awesome actually.

Biologist said the deer was 3 1/2, he weighed 133lbs. They did a covid test of the deer, apparently masswildlife hypothesize the transmission vector to deer is sewage and are testing every deer.
where's the Prius?

Congrats on an awesome buck and write up! Curious are you running a rifled slug barrel? Open sights? Scope?
That looks like some fun deer country. I’ve seen a few deer here in CA in the middle of the sand dunes and was completely shock.
Thank you!
Stock 870, modified choke, open sights (stick on true glows), shooting rem Slugger 3" shells.

Cool story !! Pretty amazing how all the different experiences and places share some commonality when you get right down to it.
Really is, I ran into the guy who’s shots I heard at the check station. He was wearing a FL jacket and Kuiu guide pants. We chatted about CO, another guy had lived in Bozeman and we chatted about the craziness on the Madison. 🤷‍♂️ 2,000 miles away from where I grew up and yet at the same time some days feels like just down the street.

Sounds like a great hunt. It sounds strange to some, but Ma has some great whitetail hunting in a wide variety of terrain. From the beach to the burbs all the way to the Berkshires!

Sounds like a great hunt. It sounds strange to some, but Ma has some great whitetail hunting in a wide variety of terrain. From the beach to the burbs all the way to the Berkshires!
So true.
Some guy shot a 200" whitetail in the broader vicinity of where my dad lives awhile back.
Pretty certain nobody had ever seen the buck...but with the timber in the state forest its no wonder.

Back