• Thread starter Deleted member 28227
  • Start date
Congrats on the nice buck. You are a brave man! Hunting in that kind of traffic I’d be pissing myself

As Teddy said "gotta give them both barrels overhead, for the beast must know that the game is afoot."
1st and foremost. Great story and congrats! While OTC archery hunting this September we ran into a gentleman with no bow out scouting. We talk for a bit and he says how could have already killed 2 bulls that day but he likes to give them a "day of warning" I was like well shit if I don't feel I suck as a hunter enough then I run into this guy. LOL 3 days later we cross paths again...He will never be giving them a day of warning again as he had not seen another elk...we laughed and hunted together a couple days and have kept it touch. Great guy and helluva fun way to meet someone

That sounds like a pretty neat hunt and cool place. I think it’s cool that you’ve really trying to explore your new backyard as much as you have, despite the area being so wholly different from the west and probably not a place one would consider for a “destination hunt.” There’s really something to be said for being able to bloom where planted. Congrats on the buck.

To distinguish him from Gus the Elder? Love it!
Gus the Elder would happily harness up and help drag, as would Gus The Shorter, I have no doubt.

Sitting in my backyard at the moment, hoping to match Will's buck. Gus the Elder will assist in tracking and extraction if I do. But pretty quiet.

Attachments

• 20211128 Gus on a Stump B.jpg
    20211128 Gus on a Stump B.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 9
  • 20211204_080148.jpg
    20211204_080148.jpg
    6.7 MB · Views: 10
Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members