Yeti GOBOX Collection

3 more fresh ones

bonedogg

IMG-20140209-00328.jpg
IMG-20140208-00324.jpg

Man your kicking butt this year great find two sets and what looks to be a mule deer shed. What part of the country do you live in?

I'd like to find that whitetail this fall with horns still attached and in the crosshairs. Good finds, seems all I find are chalky-little-old 2 point sheds.

I have been wanting to look so bad here. Dad and I usually have 5-10 by this time in the year but the snow and extreme cold here have really put a damper on us this year.

Today was the first time I've taken my dog shed hunting, haven't really done any training with him he just gets antlers to chew on from pet stores. I spotted the first shed & led him to it, he picked it up and was all happy, just a couple mins later I look up & he's bring me the other matching side. Another 5mins & here he comes with another.....wow! Blew me away with his skills, might have been dumb luck but who knows ... Time will tell. I have some great photos & they are really nice sheds, but the site won't let me upload. This has been a problem for a couple weeks now. I've tried 3 diff computers...no luck. As soon as I am able I will post pics.

Finally figured out the problem with me trying to post a photo, need to resize, thanks to a little help from Big Fin. Anyway, here's a pic of Kodiak the newly found shed hunter. Had a ball Sat. finding these. Put the tape to the matching set figuring a 19" spread and came up with 158-1/8" gross 155-3/8" net.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    269.5 KB · Views: 1,264
I would kill every squirrel in the region after finding fresh bone like that chewed!!!! great find and dog, won't be the end I'm sure. It kinda gets worse the older a feller gets.

Found the right side today to the one I found 2wks ago, the white material you see on the left side is antler repair I've started ,,,,, stupid squirrels. It's about ready for paint to look realistic. My dog also found a small 3pt shed today not pictured.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 981
Total find this year so far.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 1,010
Found the right side today to the one I found 2wks ago, the white material you see on the left side is antler repair I've started ,,,,, stupid squirrels. It's about ready for paint to look realistic. My dog also found a small 3pt shed today not pictured.

Just curious, what material are you using for the repair and what kind of paint do you use?

Just curious, what material are you using for the repair and what kind of paint do you use?

I did a google search & some YouTube searching to figure out what to purchase, this is what I went with. It's really pretty simple and if it's only tips to repair anyone can do it (YouTube antler repair). The badly damaged or broken off tines require a little more work like drilling a hole & using steel rods to have structure. I still need to sand and texture these before paint, I'll then use oil paints to color & blend (haven't attempted this yet), I have used wood stain on antlers before but thought I'd try the oils this time. Hope this helps.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 850
Finally got around to mounting a set of sheds my dog & I found this spring, mounted on an artificial skull. Skull looks pretty cheesy in hand but pretty good up on a wall.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 491
Back