3 hour season!!!

Thanks everyone I really really really appreciate all the kind words. Congrats to all those that will fill their tags this year. I saw someone did it a whole lot quicker then I did. That's so cool. We estimated about 150lbs of good meat that we hauled out and I'm having a pedestal mount done (for 8' ceilings) at Waylons (he does a great job). Five of us carried everything out and it was an awesome hike to bring this bad boy out.

I used the S4 Logic Bino Harness and I'm pretty happy with it thus far. I don't have a lot of time with it and I'm really protective of that Swaro glass so we'll see. I'll be dabbling in mule deer and black bear for the next couple weeks, but if I don't get anything I'm still a happy camper. I'm shooting an Bowtech Invasion and after watching the video footage of my shot (what I could capture anyway) it's a little loud. I love it don't get me wrong and I'm accurate out to 70 yds although I'm shooting out to 80 yds. It's an awesome setup for sure.

The slick trick broadhead hit the other side of the rib cage. The blades are steel and it was bent and chipped twice. That makes my bow as powerful as I need it. I'll post more pics as I get a chance. Go get'em guys and good luck!!

I'm shooting an Bowtech Invasion and after watching the video footage of my shot (what I could capture anyway) it's a little loud!!

How long have I known you? I really doubt the Invasion is that loud...I'm sure it's all you!!! For those of you that dont know him, his "I'm standing next to a jet engine voice, is his only voice! LMAO!!!

Glad to see you took him to Waylon, he's done all of my work.

If you are in town for a couple of more weeks, we need to get out and chase some stuff. Ever hunted mule deer in the rocks? I have a buck with your name on it. Bears...who wants a fall bear...LOL.

Great job, Mister! Talk to you soon...

Hey guys here's the link to my video. After much debate I finally posted something on Huntvids.com. Seems pretty legit! Just copy and paste. I had to cut 11 minutes of the original video I made for family, but it was really slow. Keep an eye on the bottom middle of the screen that's where he comes in. Unfortunately, you can only see the top of his head and his antlers. I tried to capture the entire hunt. Take note there's some cussing so don't watch it around the kids cause you need the volume to hear him bugle...at the time it was like a scream. Just an awesome experience all in all. Let me know what you think and someone PLEASE give me more then 3 stars when you rate it.

http://www.huntvids.com/video/2928/the-3-hour-bull

Cool vid!

What was the elapsed time from when you shot to when he croaked? Seemed like a long time. Was he bleeding much? I guess what I'm asking is, if he had been walking or running instead of standing there, would you have been able to track him?

Cool video.... You did a good job of catching as much as you did of the whole experience, considering you were solo.

Congrats!

Thanks a bunch guys! Belly-deep, it would have been a bit difficult to track him in thicker cover. The only blood was 20 yds or so from where he was hit (and only because he had stopped for a few minutes) and then where he went down. It took him a little while to expire. Total time was about 20 mins and then I waited an additional 10 mins while he laid there. Had he run away and not stopped it would have been tough.

Wow, I must have missed this one in my travels. Congrats on a great bull and cool story. I would rather shoot one after three hours of hunting, than three years of hunting. Great job.

I missed this post while hunting...glad it got refreshed! The Elk Gods certainly smiled on you! Congrats on an awesome Bull!!

Thanks a ton guys! I've got an outfitter for an Ohio Whitetail hunt in December so hopefully my luck continues and I can seal the deal on a trifecta with my elk and bear tags punched. In the future, I'd like to able to use a better camera to film the hunt, something more along the lines of what Big Fin and the gang use for OYOA, but seeing as how I bought my swaros this year and a new Ford 6.7, it's gonna be a while before I drop that kind of change. I'll be filming with my dinky Canon HF200 for a while still I'm afraid. I think the quality came out as good as could be expected for a solo DIY kind of hunt. Who knows!!

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ak2021
Back