Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

3 hour season!!!

‎6x6 BULL....DONE!!! After a 3 hour hike I took a water break, threw my gear everywhere and was completely surprised by this amped up bruiser who was only 200 yds away from me when he started bugling like CRAZY!! I brought him in with bugles and cow calls. I had him quartered in another three hours and my family and I brought him out yesterday. My first elk and my first archery harvest. AWESOME!!!

I prepped for almost a year for this hunt, talked to multiple biologists, stared at maps insessantly, shot hundreds of arrows and trashed at least a dozen. My pack was over 50 lbs with a weeks worth of gear and food and I didn't need any of it. All I had to eat Thursday was breakfast at McDonalds, I was hunting by 2 pm and by 5 pm I had harvested my first elk and a bull at that. I quartered him in 3 more hours and then made the two hour hike out to start calling folks (around midnight). By 4 am folks started showing up and we got in there and took him out. It was an incredible season even if it was only 3 hours and now it's time to get the rest of the family there elk. I LOVE THIS STUFF!!!

Attachments

• IMG_0247.jpg
    IMG_0247.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 1,205
  • IMG_0251.jpg
    IMG_0251.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 1,174
  • IMG_0265.jpg
    IMG_0265.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 1,149
  • IMG_0256.jpg
    IMG_0256.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 1,184
  • IMG_0261.jpg
    IMG_0261.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 1,111
Last edited:
Yes yes yeah! That's really great of friends to show up at 0-dark thirty to hump out a freezer full.

Hey thanks guys!

I know it man, you don't know how lucky you are until your friends and family go completely out of their way to help you out. It meant so much to have them there.

That is awesome. Congratulations on a short but sweet hunt. What kind of bino harness is that, and do you like it?

Haha that's fantastic. Makes up for all the long seasons where you work your butt off.
That's an awesome bull, congrats man.

Nice Bull! Nice hunt! Great job getting prepared also! Its funny how much luckier a guy can be when he is properly prepared.

Whatever you're eating for breakfast...I want some!

Save your lucky underwear and don't wash them.

Congrats on a great bull.

Congratulations on a great looking bull, I'm sure your prep had a lot to do with your success. That ol' boy is going to look great on the wall - and the grill!

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Caleb_u
Back