28" Typical or 28" Non-Typ?

lbirch

Here's a couple of mulie bucks taken in NV recently. I'm curious to know which one would be the preferred deer taken if both stood together on a hill side. (a dream come true). Both are 28" wide. The typical is very heavy, scores really well and is so symmetrical. The non typical has points everywhere and is plane awesome. Tell me what's your preference.
IMG00074 copy.jpg

IMG00073 - Copy.jpg

is it just the ear position or what? the typical looks like he is a few inches outside his ears and the non is inside...I would prob shoot the typical but I don't know....game time decision

Which ever one turned broadside first. I like them both, they are both nice deer.

at first glance I'd take the non-typical. Then would probably change my mind, be too confused, shoot between them and watch them both disappear over the ridge. Dejected, I would walk back to the truck hoping the big "L" on my forehead doesn't stick out too bad.

My opinion is slightly skewed since I have a couple of non-typicals on the wall already. Where I have hunted the wide, heavy perfectly symetrical deer are hard to come by. I long for those deep forks, horns outside the ears, eye guards, and the look of one antler from the side.

I was told to stay away from trashy girls but trashy horns are all legit. I'll take the non typ of those two bucks

Non. Trashier the better. Unless the clean one would be of much greater score.
Of these two ole horny toad would get the H bomb put on him.

If I had time to size them both up, I'd probably end up shooting the non-typ.

I was going to say "hands down for the junk" but that might be misconstrued.I'l take the deer with the junk.:hump:

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lucafu1
Back