270 win bullet

I've never shot any Barnes ill do some reading up on them. Have you used them on elk before?

Yes. My wife's 270 likes 130gr tsx pushed by 60.3 gr of h4831sc at 3005fps with a c.o.a.l of 3.260.
It has always done its job.

Don't just put that in a case and shoot it, it was very carefully worked up!!!!!
As always start low!!

I wish I had started with ttsx because I believe they are better at longer range and slower velocities.

Don't just put that in a case and shoot it, it was very carefully worked up!!!!!
As always start low!!

Lol first thing I thought was damn that's a hot load compared to everything I've been reading on the different pages... Thanks for getting back I think I may grab some of these to try along with the accubonds once the time comes to start reloading. After your post I looked around and read some really good things about a few of the different Barnes bullets

Lotsa good bullets for the .270

140gr Accubond is probably as good as it gets for all-around.

150 Partition might be a bit better on elk (but maybe not?)

Various 130's (Hornady IL, Nosler Ballistic Tip, etc) good for deer and antelope.

130 TTSX good compromise, but I haven't gotten very good blood trails with Barnes bullets in other calibers.

Friend of mine took a whitetail yesterday morning with a 140 grain accubond on top of 42.5 grains of IMR 4895. I just loaded them for him a week prior.

Barnes 130 TSX and 52 gr of H4350 out of our HOWA 270 has kept our freezer full of elk meat for several of the last few years.

my brother and I both reload for our .270's, I found the hornady 130gr sst works well, and my brother likes the hornady 130 gmx. in my opinion you dont need to run anything heavier than a 130 in the 270, it will do everything you need. good luck

Back