Caribou Gear Tarp

27 Nosler , it's official!

GlockZ

I just left the Nosler website, and it's official, they are offering 2 rifles in their newest caliber and 2 loads of ammunition. The M48 Mountain Carbon rifle and the Long Range Carbon. Both with a 1:8.5" twist. Also the initial factory loads are 150gr. Accubond and 165gr. ABLR. So far from what Nosler has released, the newest 270 outperforms the 270Win,(obviously), the 270WSM and the 270WBY, by some pretty decent margins. I realize the .277 isn't everyone's favorite caliber, but it is mine, and I've harvested a lot of game with my rifle. Definitely going to be purchasing a rifle in this caliber.

I wonder if they are still necking down the parent case, the 404 Jeffery, like on the 26 nosler.
yes they are, from what I've read, they recommend using the 30 Nosler brass to neck down to the 27, because the the shoulder angle is similar.

Not to be Debbie downer, but why? Don’t they already have the 26, 28, and 300 Nosler. Is there really that big of gap in performance between the 26 and 28?
Why not? I don't think they are filling a gap between the 26 & 28, but going after the 270WSM and the WBY. To be honest I was interested in the WSM version when it initially came out, but after reading and gathering information on it, to only gain an average of 10% (150fps) increase in performance caused me to lose interest quickly in the WSM version.

RUM’ish

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Waspocrew
Back