26 year wait - Utah elk hunt

That is what dreams are made of, Greenhorn. The 26 years of anticipation made for an incredible experience. You definitely did the tag justice, congratulations on a very symmetrical massive bull.

Epic adventure.

My gosh, to have that bull coming in through those open aspens...oh what a site it must of have been!

Thanks for sharing.

Congratulations again awesome bull, looks great from the side. Sounds like it was so much fun. Was the whole hunt solo ? Or did you have any guest ?

I was driving home and decided to get a dirty hotel room and finish all my unopened beer. Such a great trip. 🙂
I remember this dilemma. I ended up calling a ranching friend and crashing in their bunkhouse for 10 hours because I didn't trust any hotel/motel in Nevada along highway 50.

A couple years prior, my buddy left the Velvet rack of his best archery mule deer on the ATV trailer when he stopped in Lake Tahoe, CA and a bear stole it, as near as he could tell. That fact kept me from crashing at my out-laws place in SLT....

Well done!! Awesome to see your initial post with the excitement and anticipation of getting the tag this spring… and ending up with this experience. I’d say this one will be tough to top when your an old Pappy telling stories from you’re rockin chair.

Awesome bull Kurt! Are you planning a shoulder mount on him?

I'm not gonna lie, I'm kinda pissed it ended so soon. These adventures need to be drug into extra innings. Like 98 days for a sheep hunt and shit like that.

Now we gotta listen to a bunch of crusty bastards argue about arrows, heart rate watches and should I use or do this....fkn great.

I'm not gonna lie, I'm kinda pissed it ended so soon. These adventures need to be drug into extra innings. Like 98 days for a sheep hunt and shit like that.

Now we gotta listen to a bunch of crusty bastards argue about arrows, heart rate watches and should I use or do this....fkn great.
Define crusty bastard? Asking for a friend. 😂

Back